Flexor Tendon Laceration
I have recently had a serious laceration which severed 8 tendons, 2 nerves and an artery.  I am in a partial brace to protect and stabalize the tendon repair performed by a local surgeon.  I went through a 4 hour surgery to repair all the damage.  I now have strings running through all my nails and through my fingers which are attatched to elastic bands.  The elastic bands are attatched to clips which are attatched to my wrist area.  This allows for movement to prevent the tendons from seizing up i think.  My question is, the injured area actually doesn't hurt, possibly due to some permanent damage which may be causing the loss of sensation but my fingertips are causing tremendous pain.  It feels like someone is holding a lighter on them.  Is this caused by the strings running through my fingers or is it the healing of the tendons or nerves?  By the way, i can't take any anti-inflamitories as i am awaiting surgery in 3 days on my knee.  I have a torn meniscus which needs to be repaired.  I am unable to work so thought i might as well have it done now.  Also, is there anything i can do to relieve some of the pain?  I am taking 1/2 an oxy pill and an extra strength tylenol every 4 hours but really doesn't relieve anything....
Hi there!

The feeling is likely to be due to healing and nerve regeneration. You could try tylenol and see if this seem to help. If you do not notice any improvement you may consider consulting your treating doctor for pain management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!