Fluid in kee after knee scope
I have a question. I had a knee scope (to clean out scarr tissue underneath knee cap) on 3-26-2012

I only took a week off of work & started PT 9 days after surgery. I am walking better & the bending is getting easier.

My question is (my PT guy could not answer) why do I still have fluid on the top of my knee (left side) if the holes are at the bottom sides of the knee cap. The fluid build up keeps me from bending my knee completely & the PT says its because there is still fluid, but he wants to send me back to my ortho/surgeon due to the fact that the fluid build up should not be there. My whole knee IS NOT swollen, just that lump where the fluid is. I did have a patella release 20yrs ago on that exact same spot my fluid is building up. Again,the fluid build up is not where the surgery holes were done.

It starts out okay in the morning when I wake up, but by 2pm the kneee is sore & swollen (it is too be expected), but why the fluid build up in the one area only. If it was not for that I would be okay....
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the issues. The fluid like feeling could be due to an enlarged bursa, inflammation causing joint effusion or due to reasons unrelated to the joint such as fat pads etc. It might be a good idea to have this evaluated by your treating orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks for replying...

I go see the surgeon in two weeks. Right now the fluid is gone, however, having issues with pain on the inside of the knee (more like knee cap won't budge). My PT does try his best, I see him twice a week.

Everytime I bend my knee & then straighten it out it feels like it is catching on something & it is painful...

I will let you know what the surgeon says.