Orthopedics Community
Foot Moulds for Custom Orthotics too old?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Some 11 years ago, my wife had moulds made of her feet to produce a set of custom orthotics.  I think these moulds were made too long ago and no longer accurately reflect the shape of her feet.  I think she needs to have a fresh set of measurements made.  Am I correct?
Avatar dr m tn
Hi, re-casting of orthotics is recommended if the shoe size changes 2 sizes, a weight change of 20 lbs or greater, or if a new injury warrants a change. I would suggest you to go to your orthotist to have a new custom mould prepared for your wife's feet. All the best.
I guess I shouldn't expect an answer anytime soon in this Forum  :(
Avatar dr m tn