Foot Pain
I went to urgent care because the top of my right foot started to hurt really bad for no reason.  I had it checked and they just gave me a report that said there is pes planus and there is an apparent focal fenestration at the posterolateral aspect of the calcaneus.  Like I am suppose to understand what that is.  Was told to follow up with my primary care physician.  What is this and what is my next course of action because my foot still hurts.
Hi there!

Pes Planus means a flat foot. Fenestration is a defect. Calcaneum is the heel bone. Postero-lateral means outer back side. Well, without an evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. None of the mentioned causes would cause pain on the top side of the foot. Possible causes that may need to be considered include fractures, ligament/ tendon injuries, infections, inflammations, spur formation etc. It is advised to consult an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile it is advised to rest the foot and avoid weight bearing. You could also use some OTC NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!