Foot problems after Knee replacementsI
In December I had my second knee replaced. I am having no problems with my knees, but the doctor told me that he had turned my legs outward to solve my slight pigeon towed feet. I always wore my shoes heels out with no wear on the inside and total wear on the outside. I can hardly walk in these shoes now, they make walking difficult, I do not feel balance.

I would like to find a web site that covers this kind of a problem or suggestions on who to see. Doctor, foot specialist, special shoe store, etc.

Thanks, Bruce
Hello!

Bruce you need to go to an expert podologist for advice on proper footwear and do’s and don’ts after your problems with your feet.

Knee problems, due to arthritis, ligament tears cause lot of pain and the gait is changed in individuals over the years. This is a challenge for the orthopedic surgeon who replaces the knee and does some correction.

After the healing and physiotherapy you should wear proper supportive footwear based on expert advice. I would also suggest you to go for proper gait correction during this time so that your gait would be perfect.

Take care!