Fractured Radius
My 13 year old son is a catcher on his baseball team. Almost 4 weeks ago we was hit on the left radius bone with a wild pitch (these kids throw hard) It bruised up and you could see the seams of the ball on his wrist. He did have alot of pain, but we iced him up and he has played ever since. Yesterday he showed me the spot where he was hit and there is a definite knot on his bone. He has been hit before in this spot (both arms/wrists) and never had it look like this weeks later. Should I take him to get x-rayed or will the swelling go down? He doesn't complain about pain, but I worry about his bones. he's only 4'11 and still has alot of growing to do.

Thanks for your help!
Hi there!

Though I believe the swelling to be caused by soft tissue inflammation and not due to a bone injury as such, I would still suggest getting x-rays done to rule out a fracture. It might also be worthwhile getting the swelling examined by a primary care physician/ orthopedician/ sports medicine specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!