Fractured Sacrum
I was silly enough to fall on my bottom while dancing 3 weeks ago and fractured my sacrum (5).  I have been off work for 3 weeks as the shooting pain I have keeps me awake all night and besides I sit down all day in my job as a medical typist and I am so bored at home, want to go back to work.  My employer said that I am a risk at work and that I need a clearance from my GP before resuming.  How long does this fracture take to heal.....It is a non-comminuted fracture passing obliquely across S5 segment and is displaced anteriorly by 2.6mm.  I still cannot sit down correctly but can sit on my side.  Any help would be appreciated and the codeine is really getting to me!!
Regards Jill
have you consulted a orthopedician as there is no info about investigations done or the treatment advised by orthopedician. It may take another couple of weeks for the fracture to unite. continue with medication but meet a orthopedician who can examine you and advise better.
Thank you for your advice.    By the time I get to see an Orthopod the fracture would be healed.  I did have a CT scan done and plain xrays, which confirmed the fracture.  Back to my GP today.