Fractured tib/fib, ankle NO rehab?
11.5 weeks ago, I fell and fractured my L tib/fib as well as my ankle.  My doc told me it would be 20 weeks for me in the cast.  He took my cast off  after 11 weeks and did not give me orders for PT.
I have excruciating knee pain, am unable to bend my knee, and am truly afraid to weight bear.

I didn't require any surgery.  Does any of this sound normal?  I am an icu nurse and it just feels too soon to have the cast off, no walking cast or anything.

Thanks for your time.
I broke my right ankle in January. I had a long leg cast applied at first, but the fibia separated when the swelling went down. The doctor had me go in for surgery and I had to have a plate and pins put in. That was done on Valentine's Day. When the staples were removed, he had me in a boot, so that I could bath.
I had an appointment today and he wants me to start walking on the foot and doing some exercises to strengthen and help with the mobility of my ankle. I'm a little nervous about it myself. If he feels I'm not doing my exercises correctly, he is sending me in for rehab.
Good luck with your ankle. I know how you feel.
Has anybody used ultrsound therapy on there leg or ankle? I've been reading  about it, but didn't know if anybody has had any success with it. My ankle and arch hurts all the time. I'm recovering from tibia surgery.Trying to figure out what to do.