Orthopedics Community
Fractured wrist?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Fractured wrist?

On Tuesday, I slipped and fell and must have landed/twisted my wrist at school. I didn't go to the doctor at all on Tuesday, but on Tuesday night it started to really hurt. So, the next day I went to the family doctor and they did x-rays and found that it was fractured on the radius and ulna (the two bones that make up your forearm). After that, they sent me to an orthopedic specialist and they set it and put a cast on it. Well, the cast pretty much goes up my whole entire arm so I can't move my wrist. Anyways, when they numbed it and set it back into place, it hurt really bad. Then when they put the cast on, they molded it around my wrist. However, now I'm like super worried that it is gonna get messed up and that they will have to set it again. Please reassure me that this won't happen. I'm really, really scared that I am gonna have to go through that pain again.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The most important thing in a fracture healing is immobilization. The cast will remain for 4 weeks and you should take proper protein diet and calcium to give enough of material to help faster healing. Any good practising orthopaedican can do this procedure easily and i think that is the case with you also. If you want 2nd opinion you can visit another orhopaedican for checking the procedure. Rest assured and follow your physician, take care!