Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear
I am a 56 year old male Insulin dependent diabetic. I have been diagnosed several years ago with a full thickness tear of both shoulders.
I am usually a patient of the VA and due to a number of delays by them in setting up pre-operative testing and assignment of a surgeon it was delayed to the point of I did NOT have the surgery on either shoulder. After awhile the pain went away. Until the last 3-4 months I was asymptomatic. Lately my left shoulder has been in daily excruciating pain. I am a long term user of Lortab and Methadone for neuropathy, so I am very careful on how much of any pain medications I use.
I have been told to try Nsaids (Ibuprofen) for anti-immflamatory use and pain reduction. Unfortunately in February I had an Eye Stroke that put me permenantly on Aggranox (Which states Ibuprofen is contraindicated) etc. I take the Aggranox twice a day as directed.
I had originally resigned myself for non-surgical intervention, but don't know if this is even possible. I was diagnosed with the tear via MRI's to both shoulders.
I have a multitude of age onset problems of which one neuropathic pain, also arthroscopic surgery in June for a very large meniscal tear to my right knee. I also was diagnosed with (I can't recall either a right or Left bundle branch block)
I also take quite a few medications for PTSD and related stress and depression issues.
My sugar is in pretty good control with an average A1C of about 6.8.

Is there anything I can do short of surgery? If not is there a minimally invasive procedure for this?
My knee surgery did not go well, in that I got violently ill after several days, upon which I had actually returned to work immediately for several day and was hospitalized.

Sorry for being so long winded, just trying to get some honest information. I have problems with the VA as they're so innundated with patients that they simply cannot spend a lot of time going over issues.

Many thanks in advance!