Orthopedics Community
Ganglion Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Ganglion Cyst

I have had this Ganglion Cyst on my left wrist for almost 2 yrs now. i had have recent ingeries to it. the other day i was walking my dog with my left writst the leash moved on top of my cyst and has caused a lot of pain in my index and middle fingers it also feels like its sitting on a nerve,i have been wearing a brace from time to time on it. it still bothers me if i leave it in a certant possision for a long time. I have seen a dr. for it before and all he told me was to ice/heat and take a OTC pain med. What can I do about it?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Any ganglion cyst which is asymptomatic is of no concern. As you had injuries and physical force to the cyst it sure will be painful. Apply ice packs and also take pain killers and if it does not help or the pain is persistent you can consider aspiration.

But surgery is the best alternative with chronic symptomatic ganglion cysts as by aspiration it may recur which is the case with most of the ganglion cysts.

Follow up with an expert!

Take care!
I am not a doctor but I had one in my left wrist and they did everything to it and nothing would help, kept coming back. Your better off going to a hand surgeon and getting it removed. It is only going to be in the way. Get it removed.