Getting full knee surgery
can anyone tell me what to expect?? from the time they take me to or..to when I will be ready to start walking my 3 miles a day riding my bike..i know over 8 weeks..i need to know..thanks
Hi!
In full knee replacement your doctor will replace the knee joint surfaces with a prosthesis to help in smooth movement. The tendons holding the patella is partially detached and patella displaced to one side. Then the joint surfaces are cleaned and a prosthesis placed at the upper and lower end. The components are either impacted on the bone or glued to it with a cement. The patella is brought back in position. The partial detachment will heal with time.
Initially you will walk with help of crutches and then active physiotherapy starts. Full recovery takes about 8-10 weeks. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks for taking your time to explain..thanks