Orthopedics Community
Granulations on Thigh and Hamstring muscles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Recently I noticed discomfort in my thighs while driving a car. Another day I was massaging my thighs and I noticed that it covered in bumps, right under the skin. These are semi-soft, jelly bean-like. Some long, some short. Mostly perpendicular to the leg (horizontally oriented). Both legs are affected and thighs and hamstrings are involved. And these muscles are completely covered in it, not just few lumps here or there. These bumps are not visible but I can easy feel them by running my fingers along thigh or hamstring muscle. My other muscles are smooth. Also, I can feel almost like clicking sensation when massaging these lumps in the circular motion. And these bumps seem to be of the same height. Just imagine like having bubble wrap under your skin.

I am 6 foot, 174 pounds male. I play soccer, run, do some weight training, etc.
I hope it is not something serious. Got 2 kids to feed.
Thank you in advance.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Your quadriceps and hamstrings have to be examined. If you do regular exercise and you do sports then there is every likelihood of having prominent quadriceps and hamstrings. You also have to check if you have any injuries or if you were hit by anything or to confirm presence of any granulation tissue.

Take an appointment near an orthopedician and if required go for an MRI.

Take care!
I have the same thing. Did you ever find out what this and how to treat it?
Sorry, but it may be Dercum' Disease. It isn't well understood in the
medical community. Try searching online for more information.

Good luck
Just checking in ... any news about treatment on this condition?
Actually, there is no condition or anything. I was treating myself with massage and acupuncture. These guys told me that this is cellulite and is normal. Although, on my sporty legs is doesn't look like jello. It just sits tight.