Orthopedics Community
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I first injured my R knee a long time ago (approx 25 yrs)--which resulted in a fracture. About 4 yrs ago, I injured it again, but nothing dibilitating--jus a sprain. Since then, I've noticed alot of "cracking & popping" as I walk & climb stairs--also edema every night with aching. Recently, (3 wks ago), I fell HARD on this knee, felt tremendous pain & heard a "pop". It immediately began to swell & became stiff-I couldn't bend it or walk...went to E.R, ortho next day--after X-ray said nothing @E.R, was sent to Ortho--MRI was ordered & done. After all this-ortho said MRI shows no meniscus tears, no ACL, or any ligament probs--there was arthritis, blood, some tissue damage & lots of fluid--I was ordered to do physical therapy due to that I STILL can't bend my knee, it now "gives out on me" when I do try to walk, & quite a bit of edema. The therapy is VERY painful, hasn't improved my knees bending--actually seems to have caused more pain & edema! Could the MRI have been wrong? May there have been a tear somewhere? Or are MRI's always right? I'm frustrated due to no improvement after following all orders & advice & wondering about getting a second opinion? PLEASE HELP!!
I'm a nurse, on my feet alot & NEED to get back to work! I've already been off 3 wks!!!
HELP!!!
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

It is unlikely for the MRI to be faulty. The symptoms could occur due to the changes described (arthritis/ blood/ tissue damage/ fluid) on the MRI as well. It may take sometime for the inflammation to subside and the symptoms to improve. I would suggest following your doctors advice for a few weeks, before seeking a review or a second opinion.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949