Aa
A
A
Close
HOLE IN WOUND AFTER ANKLE ARTHROSCOPY
I had my third ankle arthroscopy this year, three weeks ago.  The first was back in April and although the wound healed, I was walking with a limp and in a considerable amount of pain. My consultant tried dry needling and cortisone injections and there was no improvement,  I therefore had my second arthroscopy and debridement on 2nd Nov and further scar tissue was removed. When the stitches were removed (25th) the ankle didn't heal properly and I was left with a hole.  I took antibiotics and had emergency surgery following week to wash out the ankle.  All the swab results were clear and as a precaution, my consultant suggested that the stitches stay in 3 weeks instead of 2.  I came back from the surgery today and I am a little concerned as the stitches were removed and the wound is leaking again - is this normal and am I just worrying?  My GP has given me antibiotics to take and advised me to monitor it.  Can anyone please advise me? I am worried that I will potentially be going into hospital for a 4th arthroscopy after Christmas and I am extremely concerned that the wound isn't healing properly and I may be left with a weakness in the ankle.  Any advice anyone may have will be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources