Orthopedics Community
Hardware poking out at my ankle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hardware poking out at my ankle

I'll try to be short:
I had a dramatic injury which cause what every medical professional has said WOW that's a bad break.  Not comforting by the way.  I had repair surgery 3 days after my ER visit.  I was told absolutely no weight on my left leg for 3 months. Which i have followed not wanting to cause more down time. The put an 11 inch plate with 8 or 10 screws and then two larger ones that are holding the two bones in the leg almost as an internal splint.  I have a visit next week which if the doc should let me do some weight on it.  Here are a few questions I have:
Should my leg still turn purple if hung down in a chair?
I have a spot on my leg under the scar that has something hard push on my skin causing a painful  spot, what could that be and how would it get fixed? It is really painful!
Any help is much appreciated.