Has anyones screws come loose?
I had my collar bone broken in eight places. Doctor did surgery and placed a metal plate and (8) eight screws to keep the bones together. Four weeks after surgery I went to the doctors for a check-up and when x-rays were taken, the x-ray showed that the plate and screws lifted from the shoulder side of my collar bone. The doctor asked me if I was lifting anything or doing anything that would have caused this? I can't move my arm because of the pain and told him all I did was start to try and lift my arm up as he wanted me to.
Has anyone had this problem with the plate and screws lifting? Is this normal or the doctors fault?
Because of of this the doctor is giving me three weeks to see if the bone heals, and then if it heals, he will remove the plate and screws BUT if the collar bone does NOT heal he has to tighten the screws in my collar bone. I am totally confused and don't know if this is normal or the doctor screwed up.