Hip, pelvic,lower back pain on left side with pain down left leg at times.
I have pain in lower back on left side, left hip pain, left pelvic pain and pain down the left leg at times.  It comes and goes. Gets real bad,(when I put weight on left leg) then can ease up within minutes with changing position.  I had similar trouble when I was about 30 but it went away.  Any ideas? I am 47 now.
I have suffered lower back left side for years. like you it flares up when sitting. Even though my car seat is very comfortable it is not my spine but rather my hip. I feel a pain sensation in lower left side of my back but the pain goes deep to the bone, you can not put your finger on the point of the pain but mine can radiate down my thigh. I do not think there is a cure, my ortho dr could not find anything wrong from x-rays and my chiroporactor had absolutely no affect on my pain. One thing that i figured out that helps me is to sit on a cushion of some sort, i use my couch and take my right ankle  and tuck it under my left buttock then take my left foot and pull it over top of my right thigh as much to the waste as you can get it and then bounce the knee up and down like a streching exercise and my hip joint pops and the pain is instantly gone at least 90 percent. I had the pain tonight and my hip popped as i was bringing it up to my thigh. this definitely works for me let me know if this helps ***@****
have you all considered NUTCRACKER SYNDROME?  Google it and see your DR with your info.  It just might help to check it out.
Derek I am also suffering from same problem, as I saw to you have written it 2010 so by now I wish you are ok If so then kindly let me know how...how to get rid of this problem.

mail me at ***@****
see if you have a pain dont try to daigonse yourself please refer to doctor it might be any thing even it will affect your leg.
Hi, I'm 19 and I have similar pain. I have scoliosis, a tilted pelvis and SI joint issues. I also have very bad circulation in my legs, especially my right one. When my back pain gets bad, I feel it EVERYWHERE. All through my back hurts, my legs hurt aend frequently go numb, my SI joints get inflamed, I can't lay down or really sit for long. I seem to have chronic ovarian cysts as well. When my pain in my back gets bad, it effects my hips, especially my right one. I have been through surgery, chiropractors, anything you can think of. Nothing seems to help. Please help with any information!!
I am a 26 yr old male who never any trauma, but have degenerative disc disease. In 2009 I started having severe back pain. After MRI and Xray, i found out I had herniated discs: L4 to S1, L5-S1 being the worst. I had surgery (L5-S1) micro-discectomy, which helped for 5 months. The pain returned and i got another MRI. it showed spinal stenosis and more damage to L4-L5 and continued issuea with stability at L5-S1. I couldn't walk at this point so i saw a neuro-surgeon who said a fusion surgery was my best option.  I had it done in Jan 2012. Most recently, I've been struggling with continuous low back pain on my left side, my hip area that radiates down to my left groin. On Monday, my left leg started to have severe pain, namely posterior above my knee. I went to the ER last night but they didn't really give me any cause. I really don't know what is causing this and don't know how to get relief.  Im on pain meds but they arent touching this leg pain. Anyone have any suggestions?  
Hi I'm from Scotland, I've been having the same symptoms as you, The pain feel's like its inside the hip in the bone. I feel ike I'm sleeping on concrete. I bought a new bed but the pain problems were still there so I went to my doctors & got referred to a Surgeon that deals with hip's & lower limb problems. He examined me then sent me for an X-ray. I have Arthiritis of the Hip & I need a Hip replacement. So it is worth while asking to see a specialist to put your mind at rest & find out what is causing your pain. Hope this helps.
I too have had lower back pain and cramps into the thigh. I am not over weigt and try to exercise and such. MRU has herniated discs but like most older adults. I THINKS THIS ALL STARTED WITH MY NEW CAR!!!
YUP check out your car seat. When I drive ( Toyota RAv4) the car suspension caused me to rotate my hips a lot while I take corners and such and the road buzz coming up my seat is significant. I may have to sell this car just to get back to normal. Also realized that to boot, my left foot would feel better if the seat allowed me to have by knee more level with the the under part of my thigh, but the seat can not be positioned that way.
Hope this helps some of you to evaluate your car seat as part of the problem as well as your bed.
Eddie
HELLO,
Push your doctor for more test or ask for a second opion.Im not trying to scare you ,but they told my sister the cysts would go away too. When she started to try and have a baby, they couldnt.She starting having all the test, to find out she had 2 cysts, 1 on each overy the size of melon's.Dont wait,push for more testing.I also had a friend, that ended up passing away at the age of 23,because it turned out to be cancer.
Good Luck
Hello, i have severe back issue's now for 4yr's. I have arthritis in all my facet joint's up my spine.DDD,Buldging disc,spinabifda, loss of spine,. I am 34, have 2 kid's. I am off work for good,cannot do alot of thing's i could before.
Now it is getting worse, the pain is so severe down my hip,and leg. This pain is killing me, i barely sleep. I do take pain pill's, but they barely touch it any more.
I have also at the age 25,had a intense sinus sugery,then half my thyroid was take out,many time's had to have the endometroisi burned out,then followed partial hysterectomy,then they took 1 overy,then took the last one. After this almost 2 yrs ago, i had to have a bladder lift.Now I am suffering with no control over my bladder, extreme pelvic pain, urnitating is so painful,little at a time,lot's etc.
I just want to feel somewhat normal, which will never happen.
My doctor had told me,my back is going to continue to get worse,nothing we can do.
I have tried therpay,nerve block's, you name it i tried it..
Just sick of it all
I am a 42 yr old female. I have severe pain in my left side; low back, hip, groin, down my leg and into my left foot. Any walking over 10 or so minutes would cause my leg and back severe pain, heavyness and fatigue. By the time I make it back to my car, for instance, after shopping, the pain be would be so intense that I'd have to physically lift up my leg with my hands.
I am a lot of pain with my left side of hip and pelifc any advice?
I have had lower back pain, left hip and left leg pain for several months. I have also had a bad back for 21 years so the pain comes and goes. However, this pain seems like Nerve pain and is very persistent in the left leg but seems to come and go in the left hip and back.

I am an exercise instructor so have tried to rest as much as possible however the pain in the leg is almost worse at night when I am trying to sleep. Any suggestions??
Thank You
JK54
I know your post was old but what you described could be what I have. If you are still in any pain let me know and I will go into detail.
Your post brought me to tears. Please hang in there. I have been having back/hip pain and all the way down my left leg for awhile now. I have always been healthy and fit so this came as a shock to have to deal with out of the blue. If you feel the need to talk to someone, just for support, I would be happy to be there for you. :-)
Feel free to email me ***@****
Erm I'm 15 and I kind of get this, but it really hurts at the moment, it becomes worse when I do pe. My friends suggested it could be something to do with horseriding or dance. It is also bad if I lie down for periods of time or when I get up in the morning.
Wow, just when you think you're all alone, you stumble onto a page like this! There should be support groups for people like us, although we probably couldn't sit through an entire session. I know I couldn't. I injured my lower back at work when I was 36. That's when I learned that workman's comp is not there to help you. They are a mandatory bill for your employer...nothing more. I worked 5 more years as the pain increased and finally lost my job at 41 when my left hip, tailbone and groin joined in with the back pain and literally floored me.(I worked ten years of ten hour shifts and never missed a day.) I am now 43 and losing my mind from unemployment and unbearable pain. I've been to 9 different doctors, two MRI's, blood tests, an EMG, therapy, home remedies, and enough pain meds to kill a horse. Besides a bulging disc, everything else is "possible this and that" and I've now run out of financial resources. Against every fiber of my being, I applied for disability and had to be reevaluated by one of their doctors. After he tried to get me to perform like a circus monkey, to the point of tears, he diagnosed me with anxiety. CASE DISMISSED! My last degrading chance was a dead end.
But I'm a fighter and I know this IS NOT all in my head. I've made an appointment for one last MRI, with contrast this time, and I'll be selling my car to pay for it but I don't care. I was an upstanding citizen before all of this and now I'm being treated like some charity case, drain on society, bottom feeder. But I'm just like all of you. Frustrated with healthcare, angry at the system and in agony morning, noon and night.
Your stories, as heart breaking as they are, have helped shed some light on this confusing time. My heart goes out to all of you!
  I injured my lower back 8 months ago while sitting in a small boat  fishing and HATING the constant stream of bigger boats speeding by Us and causing huge wakes to rock our boat.

I believe that the 'hating' I did toward the big boat drivers contributed  to my injury and is the main reason my Hips still hurt today.

I have seen legal cannabis knock out a  Migraine, even if the migraine is in a full roar, but the same Med does not ease the pain of my hips/ back. Has anyone found a cannabis that relives Arthritis type pain. If You feel uncomfortable posting that kind of information write me at:
***@****
Thanks.
I have had symptoms like many of you describe. My gyno found that I have endometriosis that has grown to affect the sciatic nerves.  He was able to give me something for the pain until I decide what options I want to take. Until then I find that heat and ice helps a lot. Hope this helps.
I have a similar problem.   For about a year I have been getting this pain in my left hip which comes and goes.     LATELY IT HAS BEGUN TO AFFECT MY LEFT LEG AND KNEE.     Doctors are no use. Prescribe pain killers but no solution.    I   just started La-Jinn Therapyand the results have been very encouraging.   Doing one exercise only the pain and mobility of hip and leg have improved dramatically.     You can get access to this therapy on the net and it does not cost you anything.     However you must be consistent with the exercises.   As I said above I only do the one exercise two to three times a day each session lasts about two minutes.     Well worth the time.     There are about 5 exercises in the programme>   I use the "door" execercise.      Hope this helps you.
I have pain in my left side hip bone but abit towards abdomen any idea what it could be?
i have been feeling an acute pain in my femur/hip area for over 3 years and never want away i seen to doctor after injury had an x-ray they said they didn't see any thing but i just didn't feel right stiffness down my whole left side asking pain nothing i can't well i am a boy but i use to feel more freely if you know what i mean, when it first happen in a football game i damage my hip and kept playing i was having a good game than i notice it was hard to move my leg and my butt was getting really stiff so i waited it out a day or so later i couldn't take it & so random i lost feeling in my whole left leg for about 3 min with an extreme pain i couldn't move  running up my leg to my lower back which i thought it was a minor back injury than after taking IB 600 for about 3-4 weeks i notice it wasn't helping or felt as though it wasn't can any one help me with this? ever since i couldn't the same got skip step i take every other step that i noticed.
When i read your comment it sounded exactly like me. Did you get diagnosed yet? Thanks...
i have had repeated urine infections in the last few years cold hands and feet and the pain in my left leg and hip most mornings when i wake up i cant move it straight away i take alot of painkillers which i want to stop even now the pain is in my left calf i dont know what the causes are any suggestions
no but i'm going through the same thing it's driving me nuts and i can not stand it makes me want to cry and i'm 45
I have been in pain for along time with my neck lower back and now both hips. I'm only 40 years old I've been diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease of my neck and lower back also with fibromyalgia. I've been in more than 5 car wrecks. I've tried physical therapy but it made what I'm going thru worse. There are days when I can't walk or even stand.  I tried working in my flower garden on Saturday only for 1 hour and I couldn't hardly move from that little work. On Sunday and Monday walking was difficult for me and I was in so much pain nothing worked to take away the pain. I'm so tired of the way I hurt and can't do much hardly anything like cooking dishes or just normal house work. I've not been able to work due to this. Can someone tell me what's really wrong. My hands also shake very bad sometimes I wear whatever I'm drinking cause of my hands

I am 32 yo. I had my first child when I was 30 and it was a rough pregnancy and delivery. She tried to come real early around 7 months and kept trying to come so they had to give me some shots to stop the contractions. I finally had her almost a week late and I had to have an emergency c section because she was not able to pass my bones in my pelvic area because they were too narrow. I was at a 10 for quite some time and they finally did the c section.
Well I had some pelvic and hip pain after every once in a while for the first 1 1/2 year. I started to feel real good this year at 32 and even started to finally lose a little weight, because last spring around this time(april) I had been diagnosed with h -pyloria and an ulcer. Well I was doing great and losing weight and feeling good  but then 3 days ago I woke up with a sore neck on my right and then the next day I woke up with sever pain in my pelvis area and lower back and it has not went away. It is so bad that I cannot hardly move when i am in bed and I cannot walk well and do much of anything but sit. I am not sure what is going on but I am scared. There is ovarian cancer that runs in my family and we already lost 2 in the last 31/2 years. I was checked last year and was clear. Well I am going into the ER today a sunday, because of the severity of the pain. I really hope they can figure out what is wrong for sure and I hope there is an easy remedy.
Hi Folks

I am also having similar issues for a long time. its on the lower left. I sleep on the right side of the bed. I noticed many males here complaining pain on the left and girls on the right? So is there a pattern here?

Like if you sleep on the right side of the bed, you get pain pn the left. And if you sleep on the left then the pain is on the right side? If so the bed could be the real culprit..
Wow!  Just when you feel you're the only one.... I'm 45 and have always been in very good health (hot a broken bone or aliment pretty much ever).  I kicked up my exercise program this January & thought that was the issue, but now after being sedentary for a couple weeks the pain in my lower back, hips, inner thighs and thighs just above my knee hasn't decreased at all.. in fact it is worse.  The feeling is sometimes pulsating to a burning sensation in the muscles.  I am ritually taking pain killers and now they barely seem to work.  I work in retail and the constant standing is sometimes excruiating.  When I finally sit the pain used to go away, but that unfortunately has also subsided.   This is all fairly new to me so I have not yet seen my physician.  I had a full workup.. blood, stress, etc. all about a 1 1/2 yrs ago just because of my age & all was completely normal.  I'm so sorry to read about everyone's issues and wish you all well.
I will be 50 in 3 days, this all started suddenly with my knee(thats where the pain was coming from), walking side bent to the left and could hardly walk.  I went to the chiropractor, took x-rays lower back between 4 and 5 bulging, but try telling that to my knee.  I went for several weeks and alot of money, it may have helped me walk better, but I'm in so much pain, I just can't begin to tell you.  Left hip stabbing pain down to knee then pain shoots back up.  I can't hardly lift myself up from the toilet at times.  The pain is in my knees and dont have enough momentim to get up.  Now its been almost 5 months, booth knees, left hip, shoulders, left foot, hands everything hurts so bad.  If I even go to the grocery, by the time I get to the car I have to rest, sometimes cry. Can't get any sleep unless pain killers and muscle relaxers.  Any one have any ideas.  Some days I dont even fell like taking a shower.  If I ever get in the tub I can't even cross my legs for at least 10 min.  I've tried ice, but heat helps the most.  The way I feel I won't make it to 60.  Please help.
I am only 20 and I been having problems like y'all. It started when i was bending over to pick something off the floor and then my lower back went out. kind of like when your standing and your knee goes out. I felt pain for a few minutes then it went away. But now it happened two more times and the pain is going to my hips. I can't go see a doc cuz i have no insurance and doctors these days are way to spendy for me. The pain makes me want to cry sometimes but then after a while i get use to the pain and then it goes away. but then a month later it comes back. This time the pain started on my lower back and then now my entire leg is hurting, both legs. more pain in my right leg then my left. I'm afraid its a rupture disk or something worst like cancer.
I've had cats scans and xrays and seen doctored after docture but they don't know I have the same symptoms and I'm only 21 I've had this pain for 2 years seance I started roofing I quite but I still suffer pain everyday walking sitting just getting out of bed is enough pain to make me wanna cry i really wish somebody new what was wrong cause no docture seems to know are care to find out
I have had two back surgeries (spinal stenosis).  The last one was in dec 2009. About a year after that surgery , I started having low back and right hip pain and pain down to my toes on my right leg.  I can't stand but for just a couple of minutes at a time and can't sit but for a limited time.  I am only early fifties.  I don't want another surgery.  I am thinking time for disability.
Hi Dustin
I have experienced this over a year
I went for massage at local spa - recently got deep tissue massage on whole body especially hip, lower back, left leg until the flat feet
Also did few treatment of accupressure almost continuing for 3 months now and pain has vanished

I added meditation, breathing exercises 3 times a day sitting n yr office chair gives relaxation and breath thru one nostril release thru other 15 min, each time

Diet - increased soups, no cold water and pai is easing in winter
I feel much better and energetic
I am 28 yrs old. I have been experiencing back pain , buttock pain, hip pain and leg pain only at the right side of my body at the same time. I had MRI done but the reports shows no abnormality. Is this a problem with muscle or ligament? please suggest.
i have pain on my outer hip rihgt side and on some points of my thighs n lower leg it is very painful what shuld i do?
I have the same pain, left side deep in just under my ribs, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain all the time, sometimes feel bloated or sore stomach. I dont know what it is.
I am going on 45, for the last 3+ years I have been in chronic pain.  It began in my low left side of back, spread to cover left hip, then left leg then left foot, then right foot, then right low back, right hip, abdomen, right leg.  Now I am in constant horrible pain even with strong pain killers from my low back to my toes.  My feet are completely numb yet the bones inside hurt horribly.  Sharp jabbing pains in my knees are the only pains that come and go, everything else is constantly there and hurting so badly.  I have degenerative disc disease throughout my spine, arthritis through out my entire spine, a couple of bulged discs and recently found by accident that I have tumors on both ovaries with the left one so large it is pushing my uterus to the right.  I will be having a complete hysterectomy next month and I pray this will elevate this pain, because the last month I have been living non stop at a 10+ for my pain number even with high doses of medications.  I have prayed for death just to no longer be tortured and I begged GOD to take me on the operating table if I will not be pain free after this operation.  I cannot do it anymore.  Constant torture!  I went from doing everything to being barely able to do simple things for myself in the last three plus years.  I keep telling them I must have cancer in order to have this much pain and for it to keep spreading.  They won't know if the tumors are cancer for sure until they are removed and tested.  Pray for me, please.... Pray this surgery will stop my torture.  Thank you!
I had exactly the same thing and suffered with it for 4 years. The last year I was told I had ankylosing spondilitis and was treated for a year or so but it just didn't help.
Do you have kyphosis (hunch in upper spine) per chance?
I had surgery to straighten my spine 6 weeks ago. My doctor believes that it was the hunch and upper spinal stiffness causing me to use my lower back like a hinge. My lower back was over compensating for the lack of movement in my upper back. He says that this was pinching nerves in my lower back and causing the pain. Hence the reason it goes away so fast. As soon as you lift your leg or rest your lower spine the nerve isn't pinched any more.
Now I'm only 6 weeks in from major surgery so I don't know what the long term effects will be but so far I haven't had the pain since the op.

Hope it helps.
Get your vitamin d levels checked. I am deficient and this causes pain in the bones and joints. its a cheap fix that many surgeons don't want you to know. Do a search and see what comes up you will be surprised at what you find!
hi i'm alfon, 22 and i'm experiencing the same exact feeling as the others here..
i've done ct scan imaging and was founded to have disc bulging. remarkably on the L4-L5 and L5-S1..
my doctor also told me that a lot of nerves are being compressed that is why im experiencing burning pain in my lower hip down to the foot.
now, less of the back pain. but the pain transferred to the upper pelvic area and sometimes in the lower abdomen..
i cant walk or even stand for a long period of time and i always have the need to sit.
the doctor advised me to take ketesse and pregabalin for the nerve and pain and some supplement for the nerves too...

will the pain go away??or will it be permanent?
help :(

I am Namrata Mathur from Bikaner, Rajasthan (India). I have the pain in my left hip (I cannot point the exact location), middle part of back left side (again I can't point) along with these sometimes the pain extends to muscles of my left leg (thigh, knee, foot etc).

At first I was facing too much pain then I went to a doctor and he suggested me some pain killer pills. After taking pills the pain reduced to 50 to 70 percent. But still it is there 27X7. One time its in back, second hip .. leg .. it is keep shifting. Pain killer are preventing it to get worse but really I need a permanent cure.

Please suggest what kind of tests I need to done to encounter the problem and what is the best solution to get rid of it.
My husband 74 y/o Old back injury 1988 inoperable back then. Has the same kind of pain without any kind of trauma or fall (now just worked on putting a CB antenna in pick up which required getting down of knees to get wiring in place under the stirring wheel/floor mats to CB) Feb. 19, 2015. three ER visits two unnecessary because his Dr. would not walk 200 feet across lobby from office to ER (during office hours and called office to see if he could work him in stating go to ER) after the ER doc examined and gave a dx by xray of sciatic pain from a bone spur related to back injury 1988. He cannot walk because the weight  hanging down when he tries to stand is excruciating all the way down through the calf which cramps up from the pain traveling downward.Tx first time was anti inflammatories and hydrocodone and and a steroid injection (not directly into the hip or back area) This is what the opening writer describes also.  The second visit to ER was same, Dr. could not see in office so sent to ER and he still could not walk over to find results...the ER Dr. gave a MOT and sent him to Tyler for an emergency MRI after going first to see the ER dr and if he deemed  MRI needed. Well Lortabs at the transferring hosp' Now 10pm and finally no mri and home with two steroid injections and morphine and to see PCP to get referrel to pain Dr. Unable to get into PCP, he gave a referrel without seeing us and then the snow and rain missed the ride to Tyler first visit, I tried to rechedule and the earliest time is Apr. 6, 2015. Cannot get into a pain clinic so going to chiropracter and accupuncture doc in a.m. Do you know if these two options could or have been beneficial to others? Have the xrays to show him.
Me too feeling same, there is a pain in my left lower back and it increases when i stand a long, it also effect in my left leg too. I am suffering from last 4 years, now i am 25. I you have any solution then kindly reply me or mail me.
I too have the same problem similar to what most of these commentators have mentioned.  A chronic pain from my left lower back is a degenerative joint deceases from L3 spine.  So this is to just say. as I was reading you gave me an idea of seeing a Rolfer.. It is encouraging and I am hopeful to try the physical therapy to take care of this irritating chronic pain I have had for the past two year. Ive started the first session in rolfing and tomorrow I am going for my second session.  I am hopeful..!  Thank you again!
Hi,guy i am 24 year old i am feeling pain in my left lower pelvic sometimes it feel like its going to my left testicle it comes and goes..i did my ultrasound of pelvis as well.as urine test but i didnt get any result.can u help m in that..
Always have it checked out, but I had that in my late 20s and in my 50s it was locking my back, than my neck herniated into the spinal cord, at the chiropractors.  Days before surgery my legs collapsed.  It was degenerative spine issues. I would say. Muscle strengthening exercises will     do best... for short do yoga work out keep it in check. Stay physically strong to overcome physical issues. you will stay working and able most of your life. the best  
Thanks I am just in so much pain been down for three days running fever what to do can't sleep so weak I take lyrics and pain med they don't help
I have this also for over 10 yrs.  finally my MRI comes up another condition besides trochanteric bursitis. It's called Circumarortic Left Renal vein.  I haven't talked to my Dr yet but after 10 yrs of complaining, he better not say it's my age! Hell I was 10 yrs younger when it started.  I can stand forever, walk also but it I extend to sit and try to get up , I swear my leg just broke away from my hip.  And the pain never, and I mean NEVER , goes away in my left leg from my hip to just past my knee.  My brain is now just as exhausted  as the rest of me.  I want relief . I'm tired of pain, crying, and not doing the things I gave up because of this.  God please give me no more!