Orthopedics Community
Hip, pelvic,lower back pain on left side with pain down left leg at tim...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hip, pelvic,lower back pain on left side with pain down left leg at times.

I have pain in lower back on left side, left hip pain, left pelvic pain and pain down the left leg at times.  It comes and goes. Gets real bad,(when I put weight on left leg) then can ease up within minutes with changing position.  I had similar trouble when I was about 30 but it went away.  Any ideas? I am 47 now.
Mine is on my right side. I had 3 herniated discs from dig.disc disease. Make an appt. with neurosurgeon  and go from there. It will only get worse as time goes on. I'm 48 now and have had 2 back surgeries. Since my pain has gotten worse the last 2 years I have been diag. with fibromyalgia and rum. arthritis. The pain is 24/7. Good luck!!! I wish you the best. Keep posting with updates.
Big Orange Fayray  
I HAVE LEFT HIP PAIN. SOME TIMES IT GO AND  SOME TIMES IT THERE
I have seen so many symthoms that relate to mine on this forum thats its not even funny and out of all the people with these pains no doctors or anyone has had a good answer, some have even had surgery and the pain is still there.

Here is the pain that I have been feeling for a little over a week; the pain seems to be within my left hip but I cant really pinpoint it, and it is constint. I havent fell or anything and my girl friend is having the same but on her right side.

Alot of the posts I read were from like 2004 but itf this something affect alot of people and no one has an answer somethings wrong and needs to be done becuase I cant imagine having this pain for the rest of my life or as long as some members --- lets help each other.
Hi, I'm 28 and have similar pain. I've been to more doctors than I could list.
The only thing I found that helps is Yoga. But, you have to be very careful not to overdo it. Be aware of your condition and your limits. I thought because I could do a certain stretch that I should and ended up overdoing it and pulled my hip out further. It does help to do a few minutes several times a day.
I have a similar pain once in a while, and it only happens when we stay in our guest room bed(which is an old mattress). The pain went away when we bought a new mattress(one that doesn't bend on the sides). I was told by a chiropractor that this is a common problem and most people spend a lot of time and money at doctors when the problem is usually the bed. Another thing that will help is to put a pillow between your legs at night and sleep towards the center part of the bed.
Hope this works for you as it has for me.
Low back pain, the most common musculoskeletal condition, is responsible for the loss of 17 million work days per year in the United States and ~$60 billion of the annual U.S. health care budget. (*)
How old are you? What is your name? Are you a male?
70 to 80% of adults experience severe back pain at some time during their lives. Pathologic back pain can originate within the spine (spondylogenic or neurogenic) or outside the spine (viscerogenic, vascular, or psychogenic).
Back pain is more common in males than in females because of their higher rates of involvement with manual labor, motor vehicle injuries, and industrial accidents.
Causes of back pain could be traumatic or non-traumatic.
Traumatic causes includes Fractures/micro fractures (causes severe immediate back pain), Dislocations, Herniated discs, Ligament tears.
Atraumatic causes can be Degenerative disc disease, Degenerative spinal stenosis, inflammatory arthritis, Osteoporosis, Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis, Neoplasm’s, Primary or metastatic tumor, Infection.
Have you seen a doctor? Did you visit an orthopaedician? What he has to say about this? Is any imaging being done? What were the results of imaging study?
What pain meds are you on and how are they spaced out during the day?
Keep me informed about your condition and your health in general.
How are you feeling now and are you on any treatment.
Bye.

*-McCulloch J, Transfeldt E. Epidemiology and natural history of spondylogenic backache. In: Macnab's Backache, 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1997:240 to 246.
I need help I am 39 years old and had a hysterctomy in feb 07 because of volley ball size cyst... upon removing the cyst they discovered it was cancerous and was leaking so they reccomended chemo...I finished my chemo in july everything has been great....until  oct. I started having slight back pains and now I am having pains in my left side and my lower pelvic bone seems to be hurting it seems to bother me more when I sit and the pain goes into my back and my left leg will hurt also and here lately my left upper part of my back into my neck is hurting,,,,I did fall back in oct. while I was walking and then about 3 weeks ago I fell down my steps go to my basement and it seems like my left side took most of the hit...any ideas I am pretty freaked about it hoping that the cancer has not returned,...I have no insurance
What is your name? How are you feeling? Is there lot of pain in left side?
I think either it is your lower back strain or metastasis of your local malignancy.
In both cases you need to meet your primary physician and also orthopaedician to rule out possible pathologies.
Imaging studies of pelvic region will suggest the diagnosis.
Keep me informed about your decision and investigations and imaging studies if done.
Bye.
HERE IN PARIS
Hi! I am 30 yrs old female... I have a pain in the hip left side while i am walking and only i am moving ,,,but when i am steady no pain,,,but when i am trying to touch in the hips i cannot exactly locate where is the pain exactly,,i can feel its inside or middle of my hips,,,, one thing i want to tell was our bed was old and when i am lying my leftside was more lower than my right side,,,so all my body weight goes to my left side,,,,u think is there any connection of this,,,,so i am wondering what is this?...anyone suggestion? thnks in advanced!
I am a 36yrd old female and i have a history of bladder infections and abdominal pain.  I had a laparscopy done in 2000 and everything was ok.  Since then i have had mild to moderate abdominal pains.  I went to my primary doctor and had pap and ultrasounds done and came back that i had a cyst on my ovary and a polyp on my uterus. My doctor said that there was no need to worry because i wasn't in a lot of pain and the cyst and polyp were small.  Well now i am having tremendous pain in my abdomen, lower back and left leg.  I have waiting to have an ultrasound in a few days, i hope i will find out something, i am really scared!
Im having a pain in my left side of ribs and goes down to my pelvic and lower back pain i dont know what it comes from or its cossed by but i need help to know what it is.
I'm a 49 year od female that has pain in my right hip. It comes and goes but here lately it's here to stay. Pain relievers from over the counter is a quick fix fromthe pain. I use to have pain in my left side a year ago, now it has gone away and stays on the right side. Sometimes if I sit 20 minutes or more I get with stiffness and limping some when I get up on my feet. What really gets me is I can't get my right leg up over my left leg to put socks and shoes on without being in more pain and sitting indian sytle is out of the question, Can't be done anymore without extreme pain. I'm so ready to go to the doctor. Whatever it is, seems to be getting worse. Now I'm limited what I do and that bothers me
Since taking a long car trip, I have constant pain while sitting, not sure if it is the hip joint or if it is the lower part of the pelvis-I call it my Left Sitting bone. Pillows do not help, either under thigh, pelvis-donut pillows do not work-ice pack does seem to help if I can sit on it long enough-also Tylenol Arthritis, 2 three times a day-as I cannot take other meds because of a hiatal hernia.  Finally went to my doctor who sent me to a pain consultant-who ordered MRI-that showed disk protrusions, other aging problems-disk degeneration, etc..  He tried to inject L3-4 but could not get in so went to L4-5.  It has not helped so far.  I am to go back in 2 weeks for another injection-but he admits that he cannot tell me where my pain is origination from.  Yoga stretching over that joint/bone is so painful that I have stopped until I get some relief or definition of what is causing the pain.  At 70, I am good shape, stay active and would like to continue the yoga, but this pain is so distracting, especially when sitting, I'm afraid to make it worse.  Can a bone/joint?? be damaged itself; chipped; degenerated, causing pain when weight and pressure is applied?  I have some scoleosis in my spine and have lived with that.  Can pain be caused by the spine being out of alignment?  Chiropractic did not help this pain (twice a week for 2 mos).  k
I have left side pain (possibly in the higher hip area not sure) that has started to hurt a weeks or so ago. That is after about several months ago that i started having lower back pain around my tail bone area and my lower spine all across by lower back from each side of my spine. My doctor has asked me to do a laproscopy to check for endometriosis b/c i am always having some mild pelvic tenderness and stomach pain could that cause these symtoms (symptoms) with my side or back or could it be an injury or a cyst on my left ovarie? It's not really really bad but very aggrivating and not knowing what it is  DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!
Yes, endometriosis could cause that pain as could ovarian cysts.  Good luck with everything.
I have been suffering a dull/dead feeling ache in my left hip lower back for over 25 years now. At times my hip feels disconnected. My knee will pop in and out too. My chiropractor told me I have a malformity in my tailbone. This has caused constant pain down my left leg over the years and eventually formed a neuroma in my left foot. I had the neuroma removed but my doctor told me it will come back because it is linked to my congenital back problem. My foot is usually throbbing right along with my leg and hip so I know it is forming again. I had an MRI done and my doctor couldn't explain my problem any more than to say it is a little arthritic. He tried to give me a shot of cortisone and I told him no. I feel that is of no use at all. I don't like the idea of steroids being shot hap-hazardly into my hip. It's ridiculous to throw dangerous drugs into our bodies to mask whatever it is. My doctor is always trying to drug me up with various painkillers, I hate taking them. I get all woozy and feel like vomiting. Is that any way to live? Recently the pain has increased to shooting across my entire lower back, I've started wondering if my colon or ovaries are the culprit. I had an Aunt who had colon cancer, but no other cancers run in my family. I don't know what to do next, I don't have health insurance to have a second opinion from the MRI.
Any suggestions?
i am a 24 year old female and I just started experiencing this aching, unbearable pain and stiffness in my lower back(by my tailbone) left hip and all the way around to my left cheek about 5 months ago, it's only happened twice and it starts in the middle of the night and lasts about a day or two. I cannot sleep comfortably, the pain is so unbearable it brings me to tears. Getting out of the bed in the morning is when it is the worst, I cant put any pressure on my left leg at all, I cannot bend over, but I do do to kind of stretch it out, when i sit down i have to kind of roll into a sitting position and getting up is the worst. Does anyone know what could be causing this pain?
I am 38 years old.  I have been out of work for a year due to pain in left hip and it generates down the left leg and into my foot.  My mid to lower back and middle of buttocks has sever pain also.  There is tenderness from my mid back down to the mid thigh.  For the past half year, there are times I have to walk with a can.  I have been to many doctors and every dr. has a different diagnosis.  I have recently found out that I have 7 herniated discs.  6 are small but the other is more severe.  The 2 spine doctors I have gone to say it's not my back.  (A year ago, only 2 herniated discs showed on the MRI).  The MRI on my hip looks fine.  I have had multiple injections, physical therapy and even went to a chiropractor.  The pain gets worse if I stand to long or do much during the day.  If I do to much, by the end of the night it feels like my leg is going to explode.  I don't know what else to do.  
I have been having this back problems for over 8 months now, it gets bad most of the times that am unable to move. The doctors have just been giving me pain killers which work for that duration as soon as the dose is finished the pain comes back. They think its something to do with my pregnancy but am only 16weeks pregnant. I dont know who to see for this
and am only 29
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There is some amount of back pain in pregnancy. Try to sleep on an ergonimically correct bed and sleep on your sides to avoid this back pain.

You need to do some exercises and if possible yoga during your pregnancy, follow up near a good facility.

Take care and take enough rest.
This is according to my chiropractor of 10 yrs who is brilliant - is a common side effect of having one leg longer than the other - around 80% of us have it.  I am amused that no professional has mentioned this in the forum.

Chiropractors should charge you around £20 to 're-align' which is very straightforward ( do not book oesteopaths who cannot do this) and pulls your spine correctly (no pain) so that the pelvis does not push these nerves and muscles into spasms, which is what is causing the pain.

10 years later - I am fine!  Needless worry.
Look into a certified rolfer.  Go to www.rolf.org in the United States and www.rolfing.org for Europe and find a certified rolfer in your local area.  Best thing that was ever referred to me.  I had a pelvis, hip and lower back issue about 3 years ago.  My pelvis was out of place by 2.5 inches and my left hip had moved out of joint becuase of it.  Then the lower back pain came because of both of those issues.  Doctors couldn't fix the issues, my chiropractor tried several times to adjust and he was able to, but everything would slip right back to the pain in all areas.  I was referred to a rolfer and was very skeptical becuase I had never heard about it before.  After researching it I thought I would give it a try.  After the very first visit with the diagnosis and first treatment I was pain free.  In order to keep my perlvis and hip aligned properly, I continued with the remaining consultations/treatments. 3 years later and I have had no issues and am pain free.  The cost varies and it is not typically covered by insurance but the money I spent was well worth every penny.
Your experience of lower back, hip and pelvic issues really speaks to my condition. I will be looking into the rolfer and look forward to being pain free. Thank you.
i have had a neuroma taken out of my right foot in 9/09  my\dr told me my bones were thinnin and since then i was put on fosomax for thining of the bones on my first dose i had a reaction and was put in the hosptail because i had cramp up so bad i could not breath they had to breath for me my dr said my body stayed cramp up for 2 hrs or so  it caused me to have many more problems after. my hip, lower back, and my leg  and even to my foot, hurt sooo bad all on my right side my dr order an MRI but it came back normal he says my muscles and nerves are taurmaed by the whole fosmax ordeal. i feel it could be realtive to my neurama taken out of my foot because my whole right side is soooo tight and it pain!!! i on nerve meds and muscle spam meds but i only weigh 111 lb and i suppose to take them all 4 times a day!! all i do is sleep i soooo unfuctional , even though i get sleepy with the meds i still feel some pain what could this be i? I HAVE 3 BEAUTFUL LITTLE BOYS WHO NEED THERE MOMMY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM INSTEAD OF HER JUST LAYING ON THE COUCH!!  I KNOW GOD WILL HAVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE ANSWER. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS -- OOBUTTERFLY
Hello everyone, in order for your doctors to do anything for you your hip must be completely damage so they can make greater profit knowing there's nothing they can do.  My girlfriend and I have the same simpton of PAIN IN INNER THIGH. My grandma of 85 very strong individual never had pain, her secret is a soup made from cow bones. yes that big bone dogs love. go to your butcher or pet supply that sells them fresh frozen.
cut the bone in 2-3 pieces, 5 - 5 star anis, whole cayenne pepper to  taste boiled for at least 45 min. and dring only the SOUP STOCK. this is a very old ligament replemishing for ALL JOINTS. and Also HOW TO INCREASE MOBILITY read everything on this site link http://t-tapp.com/
pay close attention to the lympathy section and draining your lympathy system which you can also google. the bed pillow between thigh 1does matter. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU the way it HELP my girlfriend and I.
I am a 24 year old male who has extreme pain in my left hip/ buttocks and then pain that shots down my left leg ? I have had MRI'S x rays ext. and all show nothing wrong? but yet I am still in so much pain everyday I cant walk normal at all or put weight on my right leg without pain or falling down or tripping over stuff I dont know what to do anymore and it is wearing on my will to live can anybody help PLEASE!!!!!!!!
i am 18 years old.. i have been feeling left lower pelvic pain for about 3 years now. My ultrasound (ovary and kidneys) are normal. I have been also experiencing little numbness and tingling sensation in my left leg, sometimes it radiates to my groin and left buttocks. After long period of sitting, and when I lie down, sometimes my hips aches. I have also been diagnosed of sciatica and given medication like neurontin. It made the pain go away for two days but after that, it was the same again. I am really anxious of what might be going on. I am so young to experience this. And sometimes it makes me think that I am dying. I wanna know what causes my pelvic pain and leg pain.. PLEASE HELP ME.
HI IM 14 AND SINCE 12 I BEEN HAVING THIS EXACT PAIN ON THE LEFT SIDE PELVIC HIP N BACK IVE GONE TO MANY DOCTORS BUT THEY SAY THEY CANT FIND OUT WAT IT IS....WAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE ITS GETTIN WORSE
aww.. we're the same.. i have gone to too many doctors but still they were not able to find out whats wrong with me.
i broke my pelvis in a car accident a little over a year ago... it healed fine and had no pain until last night... i dont know if it has something to do with my bone... or if i have an infection of some sort. i am sexually active so maybe it has something to do with that? any insights?
I have RSD in my left hand confirmed for several years. I will be having a SCS implanted to help with the burning pain. Dealing with the side effects of the nerve pain meds and the depression this horrible monster inflcts !
My question, I know this can travel t my other extemities. However, I'm having a great deal of problem with my left hip ( joint) inside my the leg. It's not constant but when it's there I can not take enough pain meds to even touch it.
How rare is it for RSD to travel this route?
Could this be caused by a sedintary life due to the pain and deep depression? It only effects one side but really far up my left leg/groin
any ideas or thoughts would be very welcomed.

For all of you, take a look at your diet. Many times, we ignore the simple concept of consuming the correct foods which are there to nourish our bodies. Fast foods, microwaves, and pesticides in fruits and vegetables do affect our bodies. Try some organic foods. Fiber rich and filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory oils. Do the research on this subject. I believe that a good diet with regular exercise such as yoga, aerobics, and light resistance training should take care of most problems. You can do this in conjunction with chiropractic or physical therapy.
suddenly i feel pain on my left lower back six weeks ago and my huis arts gave me pain killers and send me to physioterapist,but  let alone improve, the pain shoot down to my left hip  and leg. i can not bend fore ward due to the hip and leg pain at this moment. also 'have difficulties on the back to stand from sitting.i can not  move as usual. specially in the morning when wake up, the leg and hip pain is very worse.i have feel pain on the leg even when i move my hand to wash my face.finally i have forced to stop my study. my family doctor refered me to hospital and i have  arranged appointment with neurologist  after two weeks.
am waiting for your advise and comment
THX a lot for your advise.
Derek
(sorry for my poor english)
Has anybody tried Prolotherapy. I`m going to see a naturopath on monday for the same type of pain as everyone else here. I have pain in my lower back mostly on the left side, pain running down my leg and through my buttocks. I think I have problems with my ligaments that attach from my spine to my pelvis. My sacroiliac joint to be exact or at least I think so. My alignment always seems to slip out and luckily i`ve learned to put myself back into place so I don`t always have to go running to the chiropracter for a quick fix.
I`ve been dealing with this problem for almost 4 years chronic now. I`ve done exercises and stretches and I really put  alot of effort into getting it better and I succeeded in the fact that I was pain free as long as my pelvis was in place. The down side is that I think i`ve done everything I can do for myself to get better. What I mean is that I will feel great but i am so limited as to what my activities can be. No running, no sports, heck I can just twist funny and have it go out.
So this is why I have finally decided to try prolotherapy. The doctor puts injections into your ligaments which tricks you body into thinking there damaged and immediately starts to repair the damaged or stretched ligament. Therefore when your ligament gets stronger so will your muscles that were unable to support your damaged ligaments. I`m no expert of course but I would advise anybody who is interested to look into it for themselves.
People wonder if it hurts because for the lower back the doctor will inject you up to 50 times. They say that you feel the ***** of the needle going in and when the needle hits the bone where the ligament attaches. It probably not pleasant but the way I see it is no pain no gain. Do you want to live the rest of your life with chronic pain or do you want to do something about it. Life is short and I know personally that back pain affects our quality of life. So I will always fight to get better because I refuse to give up.
Just finished my first prolotherapy treatment and I have to say it went rather smoothly. It wasn`t pleasant but it wasn`t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was injected in my iliolumbar ligament and my sacroiliac joint area. There is a general soreness in the area after the injections.
As for the injections  there definately is some pain. The best way to describe it is as a dull pain but it is really tolerable. I look at every injection as part of my road to recovery.
Anybody who sees a chiropracter regularly or has clicking sounds may benefit from prolotherapy. I will post my progress as I go. I will make anywhere from 3 to 5 visits. Once a week. I also have to say it was inexpensive to what I thought it would be.
Hi im 48 years old and have a lot of pain in my right side and my right hip its been this way for about two years now the dr wount do anything tell me to diet and the same old things well one i cant walk without pain in my back and hip it hurts so bad i cant hardly take a good shower and i cant stand for two mins or i will hurt so bad ive tryed a lot of med over the counter and nothin is working,,, i need some one to help me out i am in very bad pain now ........
I'm a 40 yr old female that's been diagnosis with 3 slip discs in the middle of my back, and 3 in my lower back. I've been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis, arthritis, and a denerative diesease.  My problem, well, currently they are doing styroid injections for my discs and I wear a back brace that my ins pd for that lifts some of the weight up and relieves the pressure around my waist area.  Now, all of a sudden, the pain is spread to my left hip. I want to know what it is and get help but my doc is focusing on the discs right now. They are getting ready to burn/deaden my nerve endings to help disc pain. What can cause the pain to be spreading to my left hip?
I am only nineteen years old and on a regular basis suffer from lower back pains, I feel as though if I could crack it it would be better. Even lying down on my back on the ground seems to hurt it. Along with these back pains I also suffer from occasional left hip pains. Like many others who have posted it feels like the pain is where my pelvus and leg joints meet, a place where I cannot massage. As well as these two issues my wrists often hurt in the joints and top forearm. This could be a product of typing to much, but what I want to ask is if it is possible since I suffer from so much joint pain I possibly am suffering from some form of arthritus?
Im 31, and I leaned over my motorcycle and lifter my lil girl over it, i instantly have lower pain. I went for 3 weeks, it was getting better. I decided to play some baseball and during my run to 1st base it hit me hard. Low nack pain again. Well this time i barely could walk. My left buttock hurt alittle.not bad. I couldnt stand up straight. I went to a chiro and he said all this stuff and wanted me to come in everyday for month for a wellness program......4000 bucks. the adjustment would last about 2 minutes. After my 1st adjustment my lower back pain moved to my buttock and down my left leg. I went back next day and told him he popped my hips and spine again and still the same. So the third time (next day) I went back and told him the same thing. He said "oh yea the pain can move" adjusted me for 2 or 3 minutes and sent me on my way.....he is fired. but I still have this nagging left buttock pain down into my left leg. My lower back does hurt its just sore alittle. The buttock pain is like a pulseing pain. feels like Im streching a mussle out? What to I need to do. the more I walk the pain eases some. I can get in certain position and not feel any pain. Im lost. so many dr just out for money. HELP
I have had a problem with lower back pain for a very long time....I fell down a few steps and when I went down it was on my left side down 3 steps onto asphalt.....I get up in the morning I can't hardly put on my pj bottoms because I can't lift up my legs to do it becaus of the pain.....Also on my left side I can sometimes twist to the left and it will snap and that gives me some relieve.....Help....anyone.....
I had low back pain on the left side for a few days that went through to the left side in my side. Then it went into my left hip. The pain was so bad that I could not hardly walk.My primary health care doctor gave me a steroid shot and a pain shot. This helped for a few days. Now the pain is still in my left side and in my left hip, only in my back if I over do it.Can anyone give me advice.
Hello, my wife and I are both 33 and both suffer from lower back and hip/tailbone pain. I work construction pouring concrete for a living and am very hard on my body so my pain makes sense, but my wifes pain is more of a mystery. Shes had surgery on her L5 and S1 discs to shave the disc back that was herniated and pushing on a nerve. The jolts have gone away but the hip pain and constant ache are still there. Her Dr thinks the pain is memory pain and just in her head. Her quality of life these past 3 years are terrible and the list of things she can do just keeps getting shorter. She constantly has to keep adjusting to get any relief, she cant lay still, she cant sit still, she has a hard time moving around, and sex is definitley out of the question. She cant gain weight shes 5' 10" and only 105 lbs. Her Dr doesnt seem to want to help, they think she just wants pain pills. Well of course she doesnt want to be in pain, but she also doesnt want to have to take pills for the rest of her life to escape the pain. Can anyone out there help us, there has to be something I can do for her. Thanks
hi,
i'm 15 and i've been having pains in my left hip for the past few days.
i can't walk on it, can't run, can't go up hills or stairs.
i don't know what i did or whats causing it.
i have a slightly curved spine, but its my hip that hurts, not my back.
if theres any help or information you can help me with i would be happy to hear.

thanks, ashley.
Hi all --
We all seem to have same type of problems.  For those who have been seen by specialists, and still hurt, esp. **RusBeth**, an MRI would probably help show why you still have the pain.  Doc must be willing to chk for scissors and such :)

**Ashley** curved backs runs in my family, esp. my cousins.  I suspect that your muscles are so tight that they are pinching nerves that reach to your hip.  In fact, any where there is a lot of pain for more than a few days, our muscles tighten and tighten to the point where they won't un-tighten easily.  And this can cause nerves to get pinched, which causes more pain, more tightening, etc. etc.  Try long warm relaxing baths, and rest for 48 hrs with heating pad on back/hip for a bit now n then. If you still are in pain, see doc. now!  

Previous Posters  ---- Plz post news

**Everyone** with bad backs, hips, neck, spine MUST HAVE GOOD BED!! I have good foam bed, but the sleep number bed would be just as good.  If your muscles are tight, plz use heating pad carefully so you don't slowly burn the muscles.  A bit of easy yoga 'curl' and 'child' might also help.  Hot baths & showers will also help.  If pain still lasts more than 3 days, call dr.  

I had drs that didn't believe my pain for number of years.  I understand the frustration :)  Keep asking for referrals to Pain doc.  Good ones can help you find the cause.  Have been to 5 diff ones, and all were ex!

I have had back/hip probs since I was born -- born with NO hip joint in pelvis or ball joint on leg on my left side!!  Just had bare bone rubbing up n down against pelvic bone.  No one knew for 52 years!!

I know, sounds impossible.  What's impossible is that I did not know this until I was over 52!!  If any1 knew, they didn't tell me :(  I even used to run, rode horses, all of it.  Had weird pain but thought it was from something I over-did.  Always had back pain since 3 yrs old - after asking about a few times, grew up thinking all people had this.

Then, Was hit by car as kid, nearly died!  Spent 6 mos in hospital, and still no one told me about left hip.  Most pain after that I blamed on this accident! Now, age 57, my back hurts like a dam gunshot wound, and can hardly stand up str8.  Left hip FINALLY replaced 6/06 but still aches like a bad dog.  Now, after that surgery, my left leg hip-2-foot is numb, and I have SCEAMING sciatica pain in butt and thigh!!

Have severe disc desiccation & degeneration, and arthritis -- vertebra have no spaces b/w them anymore and many nerves are being pinched.  Back surgeon says too much bad s..t to fix - ooowwww.  My family doc suggested a diff pain doc, TG who is now helping me.

After 2 dye MRIs, my pain dr. gave me 2 shots (2 visits) into my spine on the left side.  Says left is caused by back pinching and inflammation.  Now, 6 wks after that, almost NO PAIN on left back, I think.  The other side hurts so bad is hard to tell if left hurts a bit or not.

He thinks my right pain is caused by my pelvis rubbing against S1 area, and pinching nerves causing the pain.  We are seeing if those nerves can be killed off.  There are so many weird things that can cause pain!! Takes a good doc to spend the time to find out why.
-----------------------------------------------
Wanted to say that many tests and shots shouldn't hurt if done by good docs.  I always get an IV with pain and anxiety meds - and I didn't have to beg!!

>>> If anyone has had nerves blocked or killed for back pain, I'd like to hear from you plz. <<<

== Will gladly conv with anyone who I might be able to help == some tests are scary, and will share my experiences.  Please don't write me just to spam me!  western-***@**** Lissa
Hi all, chronic pain is a different ball game altogether and people who've never suffered from it don't know what it's like.

I've had left hip pain for 4 an a half years. Groin, lateral and buttock. Goes down my leg and up into my lower back on the left side. It's always well tender to the touch. Hurts night, morning and noon. Also get a lot of clicking and clunking.

I've had blood tests - no rheumatoid arthritis - nothing. I've had 3 x-rays and they were normal - no wear n' tear, no femeroacetabular impingement....nothing. I've also had an MRI scan....nothing, normal. I've been fully discharged now, but i'm still in so much goddamn pain. It's kind of permanent and I now get pain in feet, shins, my whole legs, as though they aren't meant for standing up on. I've been told an arthroscope is a bad idea and i can run, jog fine without damaging it?

The pain is really starting to wear me out after over 4 years, and i still remain convinced i have some kind of hidden, undiagnosed injury in my hip....but apparently not. Need some light at the end of the tunnel.
I get pain in my right leg sometimes where I can't even bend it and it weights like 200 lbs where I can't put any pressure on it this happens after I stand on it for 5 hrs sometimes less. The pain is really bad where I have to keep the leg stretched out and when I am in bed I can't turn over to the side it hurts; I would have to pull myself using the backboard bookcase.

A few years ago I had a few incidents when my legs fell from under me when I was going down the stairs......1 a year after another lets say it was in Feb. 2006 and the the next time it happened it was 2007.

Right now I have had pain before I went to be and when I woke up it is still there it usually goes away while I am sleeping.
After 3 years of chronic pain in the right sacroiliac, which came after the birth of my second child, and seeing a bunch of doctors that couldn't help, the only relief that has helped my pain has been chiropractic adjustments coupled with seeing an acupuncturist. They both work in the same office and respected what I was saying, with that in mind, I feel like they believed that I was in pain and wanted to help, which wasn't the case with some of the other doctors I had seen. An MRI showed that I had 3 herniated discs, and that was accompanied by a sacroiliac that felt like a stabbing knife, and sciatic nerves from the swollen discs touching the nerves, not to mention the constant burning and pain. There has been much relief from these methods, pain level has dropped from a 9 to a 2, and I believe it will help even more as time goes on. The acupuncturist seemed to think my womb was tilted and that it caused some of the pain. I am doing stretches to strengthen the core, but all of this is a very slow process that I have to be committed to in order for it to work.

In the last 3 years I had many people who didn't believe my pain was as severe as it was or who told me to 'just exercise more,' and it was annoying and cold hearted to me. Hang in there and keep seeking help if you are still in pain, it is really hard to get through some days, but hopefully you will find a therapy that will work, with someone who will LISTEN!  I have heard prolotherapy may work and saw a posting on it, I am interested to hear more on that.
im constanly having this pain in my left hip on my butt cheek at the top. you can feel it when you mash it. also it hurst sometimes when im siiting down i dnt knw what it is and it is very aggrevating. i have to lean towards the right to get some relieve. can somebody pleas shed som light for me on this.
try this simple remedy:

buy yourself a sheep's tail (fat one)

melt it on low fire

divided into 3 portions

drink each portion every morning on empty stomach

surely your pain will ease and go after three days.

remedy initiator:

Prophet Mohammad peace and mercy be upon him.
try this simple remedy:

buy yourself a sheep's tail (fat one)

melt it on low fire

divided into 3 portions

remedy initiator:

I have been to specialists, othopedics, neurologists, pain management.  Still no clear diagnoses.  I have the same pain from my hip, lower back, buttock, down my left leg, and into my foot.  X-Rays and MRIs have been normal.  Looking for answers.  Pain gets so bad, it is hard to walk, or function on any kind of normal level.  My family suffers with me, and that is worse than any pain.  
I go for a sleep study next, to make sure I am getting enough REM sleep.  There are days I hope they find something wrong with me, no matter what it may be, just so I can have a direction in what to do next.  
Hopefully the sleep study will give us some answers.
My name is Maria..i'm 25. A couple weeks ago. I had simulare pains as every body else. Its my left side.Left hip  my LEFT back SIDE area. And it dosnt hurt it just aches. And it shoots down my left leg. A couple of weeks ago  when it first started it  wasnt  painful it was just uncomfortble to situp and annouying. And the aches kinda speared. It was lower back. And then it spread to my left hip down my leg(all left side area). Right now it just my back and my leg. COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO It all started when i laid down and sneezed. And i got up to play with my nephews. I gues musta picked them up wrong and thats when it started achesing worst. Now tonight my back it slighly  aches running down my leg.  I was born with one leg shorter then the other my left leg is my strong side i had sugery on my RIGHT LEG  when i was 10 . A couple of weeks ago i had problems puttin weght on my left Side to. It was gone for awhile and now its back again to night. I sneezed laying down again like a dumb *** . Went to the bathroom and now it starts again.
First, a little history - I'm currently 49 y/o: 2005 - l4/l5 fusion for bi-lateral recess and spinal stenosis - this surgery was a success because it releived the majority of symptoms but had residual sciatica pain due to other lumbar levels with mild to mod stenosis. 2007 - c4/6 fusion - was in pain for 7 yrs by the time they did surgery.  I pretty much made them do a sitting MRI cause everything is stable and relaxed when you are lying down.  The sitting MRI showed severe instability in my neck! the results not so good - the crunchin on my left side has subsided but the pain and numbness on my right side is unabated. 2007 - had a stroke and while being removed from the car the technicians decided to lift me out without making sure BOTH of my legs were out of the car which caused them to jam my right hip against the steering wheel and my right leg folded under.  I complained at the hospital that I my hips were really tight and hurt when I lay down for too long.  I complained to my GP that I was having stabbing pains in my right hips at night.  It felt like someone was stabbing an ice pick into my hip. He blew me off (even knowing the dangers of injuring adjoining disks post fusion) and had a hip xray done which showed nothing.  fast forward 1 yr 2 months after the incident I just about crawled into the GPs office demanding an MRI and low and behold it showed a huge l3/l4 herniation which was causing the right hip pain.  I showed the MRI to my spine surgeon and he suggested waiting as long as I could before addressing the situation.  My GP's lack of immediate diagnostic tesing has also complicated my workman comp case cause they are asking why I waited so long.  My answer to them is ask my old GP why he waited so long - I was complaining the whole time! Thank god I have all of the previous MRIs from the L4/L5 fusion whick showed no evidence of l3/4 herniation.  Well I guess I waited too long because in Jan '09 I spontaneously herniated the L1/L2 disk. Complained to my pain mgmt doc of add'l pain, incontinence and extreme constipation and he told me that was from the pain meds - really - incontinence?? Constipation - yes but not incontinence. The L1/L2 rupture was found cause I could no longer take the pain and set up an appt with the surgeon for what I thought would be an l3/l4 surgery - they found the l1/l2 on my pre-op MRI - so I had a l1/2 laminectomy and l3/l4 microdiscectomy in August 09 and tried to work but could no longer perform at all - couldn't walk to meetings, couldn't sit for more than 20 min, couldn't work on a computer for extended periods of time due to neck issues. I am now out on permanent disability as of April '10.  My hips hurt so much at night I get up every 2 - 3 hours in spite of pain meds, muscle relaxers, neurontin. I can't sit for more than 20 without extreme pain and I can't walk a block without extreme pain and if I try to push it my legs collapse underneath me! If I sit for too long the muscles in my lower back tighten sooo much when I try to stretch them they feel like they will explode. Get severe hamstring spasms at night also - enough to make me jump up in pain and grab my left leg. I have a "sleep number" bed which is wonderful as I can adjust the hardness/softness as required and I have been sleeping with a body pillow either underneath my knees or between my legs. I also sleep with a heating pad either on my lower bck or neck (which ever is worse at the time). I have a hot tub but oddly enough - it will help loosen my neck but makes my lower back worse.  I know that I will be in pain for the rest of my life and went to psychotherapy to help to come to terms with this. My surgeon said there are no more operations that can be  done that won't result in even more operations. Thanks for hearing me out on this very long rant but its a pretty bad pain day (bad weather coming on tomorrow night which doesn't help).  Bottom line - push your docs to make sure any and everything that can cause hip pain is looked at - the pain can be referred from so many different areas that all needs to be check. And if your doc doesn't comply with your requests - go to a different doc.
I also have pain real bad at times and some times not so bad,all on the left side near my hipbone?
I have had some hip pain which suddenly makes my torsow bend to the left and I can't move, I can walk but not straighten myself up, after I sit down it goes after a while but the next day there is an ache which can last for up to 3days, can anyone help me? I've also got an overactive thyroid which I am being treated for.
Ive had back pain for years. I'm 43 and have degenerating disc disease in my lower back.Ive had back and left hip pain for 5 weeks now and its not easing up.I also have osteopenia which is onset of osteoporosis and hyper parathyroidism which is sucking the calcium out of my bones.Have your calcium blood levels checked. This is more common in women then in men.Its an eventual removal of my paratyphoid gland but its taking for ever to get done since my tumor is not large enough yet.Cant wait to see if improves my pains.
for those with lower back and hip pain it could simply be that your hips are misaligned, which kind of does depend on the severity of pain. It could also be damaged cartilage in the affected, which i had/have and with that i sat awkwardly which caused lower back pain. I'm 25, mother of 2 and slowly losing the will to live like most others as my left hip, which was operated on for a labral tear. The pain has returned and brought a few friends, i'm experiencing similar pain in my right hip, it feels like my left knee is being stabbed repeatedly with knives, i'm getting shooting pains down both legs and the feeling of numbness in both legs but they are not actually numb. if anyone can suggest why i'm now in so much pain i'd be very greatful.
Hi i was reading your all posts and wanted 2 let u know that i was having the same pain.more serious in my upper left leg. Im a 21 year old female.When i went to my doctor they said i have avascular necrosis in both hips.where my hip isnt getting blood flow and its causing the ball joint to slowly die. From my research their isnt much 2 do for it. Its best to catch it early for a chance of some treatment. Hope this helps
I'm 14, and i have been having a pain in the lower left side of my back/hip. Its been preventing me from doing the things i love, like skating.. And its really bothering me, I've been told to exercise, but the pain is so excruciating that i cant, i have not fell on my side no even touched it. Ive been drinking plenty of water, and I'm healthy and fit. I've been told this pain is not common for my age and i just need an answer on what it could be or why this is happening so early.
Hi, I have had server pain, seems to be my left hip I also feel it in my knee. My orthopedic Chiropractor saw my exrays that I have taken at a emergency room, went because of the pain. He said I have spondylothesis, I don't have a L5.  My left leg is a little longer than my right. I limp when I walk I can't run. I am totally lopsided I look in the mirror an my left side looks a little lower. I don't really feel pain in my lower back I feel it more like in my hip a knee area can't exactly pin point it tho. I can't bend down to the left much to even tie my shoe. I can to my right with no problem but my left side when I bent, I feel pain in my left hip. I've had this pain for 22 years. My Chiropractor also asked me if I have had Diverticulitis, I have no clue what that has to do with anything but yes I had it.... this all started 2 years ago on a night i decided to stretch my legs, i bent my legs to stretch in the butterfly position and I did it alot I stretched more than usual, but the next morning was when it all started. I thought I was just sore from stretching but I don't knknow. Please can someone help!!!... I am very desperate....
hi im 22 years old i been have this problem for about 3/ahalf years my left hip starts hurting then it shoots to my nee i tryed pain meds dident help i hate meds and not the type to take well anyways the pain then jumps to the right side and shhots to the nee all a sudden it hurts so bad i wanna chop my legs off im to young to go threw this and i feel bad for everone else i know ur pain it ***** to live life with something you never wanted to experance my back gets to me sometimes aswell to the point i cant move i called the ambulances so many times to come get me and docs did nothing but said muscle spas'es i dont think so docs not this bad of pains so please give me some info please my e-mail is ***@**** i need info bad no spammers or ill report to higher lvls thanks for the time and curtosey
My Name is Dee..I have pain on my left side of pelvic and circles around to my left lower back ,,,now my left hip hurts any ideas what it could be?? I need help..
I have read this forum and their are so many symptoms on here that or just like my symptoms I have been suffering with my pain since 2007. I don't know what to do I have had x-rays, MRI's Nerve Conduction Test I have had Pain medicine and nothing works the test show nothing there and I hurt in my lower back it goes in my hip into my pelvic area down my left thigh and into my knees and it feels like a open raw sore it is painful as long as I am sitting I am fine but movement is unbearable. I can tell when my cycle is going to start it gets worser. I have even had cortisone shots in my hip last 2 weeks I stop getting them they were not helping I can't excersice like I want to but I do stretch as much as I can it hurts but I try and I also try walking for 15 minutes and it still hurts I have learned to bear with it but I just hope it is not cancer or anything serious and the machines or just not detecting it    
hi i had a fusion of my l5 in 2004 and went for 3 years without any pain then in 2007 my pain came back my consultant advised me to go on as long as i could ,but in mar 2010 the pain got so bad that i went back to doc and after scan he found the next two disc up had collapsed and he advised a removal of my original fusion andf a fusion of l5 to l3 3 i had this  in aug 2010 i had 4 months off work put pain never went only got worse i did all the physio ,swimming ,heat, cold,new bed,reach aid ,toilet riser,brought a massage couch to help me do excersises, nothing i tried helped i went to pain clinic and have had 10 facet joint injections and 1 epidural injection and none have worked .in the last few weeks i have now been getting severe stabbing pain in my right hip i have neve in 8 years had any pain in my hip all my pain was down my left side and leg.sometimes i wish it was all over if i had 10 million pound i would give it all up without a thought for no more pain.just believe me when i say think very carefully before having surgery i thought about it for years before i had it . anyway i hope that some of you got some relief from their pain
I have had hip, lower back and leg pain on both sides, this does come and go.  My chiropractor and pain doctor both told me I had issues with my Sacroiliac Joint.  Your Sacroiliac joint holds all the weight of your upper body and becomes painful when your hip is out of place.  I have had injections in both joints but I don't recomend that I had to take a business trip and was in need of fast relief so I did the injections but prob wont do it again.

If you are having these types of pains I highly suggest that you do some research on the Sacroiliac Joint this could be your problem.
Hi all, I'm just 25 and back pain on my Left Bottock top. I had this pain newly in March until now I have got it for three times, during the pain i could not band down, could not laugh loud, cant go for toilet, cant sleep straight and cant band on the left side. This pain comes slowly and gets worse by the day, it has the deep compression feelings and when I try to walk or lift my left leg up I'm unable to do so as I feel very painful at the bakc left buttock area to my hip and down the left leg! I have consulted through many different doctors and all gives different view. the akupuntur said go for akupuntur and the orthopedic said go for physiotherapy and the other doctors state maybe nerve have been too compress or muscle problems! I'm unable to find a conclusion to my pain!

I was recently admited to hospital and done MRI on front and lower back, but the specialist state it looks perfect and he cant note any problems through the MRI. They gave me Pain Killer Injections and the pain will slowly fade away with an hour or two and the pain will return back in 2 to 3 weeks time. So far I have not meet an accident, no falls, no heavy lifthing no injuries but somehow this pain came! I have got no idea which doctor should I refer to and get disgnosis and know what is causing the pain to come back even after medications! On the 18th May 2011 I'm meeting rheumathologist for consultation on my problems as the Orthopedic could not define what is the cause as none could be identified through MRI!

As I understand Pain Killers and alot of medications are not good for the health of Kidney, liver and etc. I dont want to take any injections anymore I wants to get a good doctor who can conclude what is the pain all about and what treatment should I go through! Anyone please help me to get rid of this irritating painfull pain on my lower left buttock area! Please advice me who to consult and what to be done with it!

Many Thanks Lynda Sidhu- Malaysia
I have severe lower back pain. Also on my tail bone and pain down my left leg. Have problem sleeping, only getn anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours of sleep at night... The pain go across my lower back. The doctor can't seem to determine what's the cause of my pain.. I was partially paralyzed on my left side in 1996 while I was pregnant could this have anything to do with my pain now?
I've Jus turned 35 & I have severe lower back pain. Also on my tail bone and pain down my left leg. Have problem sleeping, only getn anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours of sleep at night... The pain go across my lower back. The doctor can't seem to determine what's the cause of my pain.. I was partially paralyzed on my left side in 1996 while I was pregnant could this have anything to do with my pain now?
hi....I'm 17 years old, i also felt the same way, but it is on my right side....i don't know what's causing it but it is so irritable and had a hard time sleeping. my mother told me maybe because of my mild scoliosis....but the pain reaches up to my legs....please help :(
too start,Ive had 4 c-spine surgery's.c-6&c-7 were done in2003,2004 had spurs removed from postiereor c-spine.In 2008 had fusion done c3threw c6 with hardware removal at c-6&c-7.that was febuary.in september had it all done againthe first was anterior,this time it was postierorc-2threw c7.now in alot of pain,and lower pack pain,hip and leg.When they used BMP 2 with the last surgery.im in alot of pain and its either druged and no pain or,pain and short times of doin anything.Im tired of living like this!its one or the other,or both leg and back and neck or what ever.I havent seen a Doctor since the first part of 2009 when I lost my job and insurance.It isnt fare that the Insurance company's call this pre-exsisting.I see an MD once every 3-5 months,but all he can do is give me drugs for the pain.i whent too the free clinic and they said they cant help me cause thewife works.well DUh! they act like they want you too starve first.
I am 47 yrs young and I have had severe lower back pains for many yrs. I went to a chiropractor, they told be I have 4 pinched nerves. This is so painful, it is also taken my left leg(numb). I have gone to a pain management doctor and was treated several with shots, but after a  while the pain returned. I was told that it was the siatic (sciatic) nerve. I was also told that it might be a poossibility that I might need surgery, of course, I am afraid. What should I do?
I'm a 35(M). Similar with anyone with lower back, hip and sciatic nerve pain, my advice is to take up stretching, especially hamstring stretches.

Now, my fair share of lower back/hip/leg pain... it all started in January this year, with me bending down in a poor position and reaching to carry my sleeping daughter in my car. Later in the day, I was in the gym doing some very light deadlift but unfortunately injured the same area again. I didn't bother it at first, as I had similar injury b4 due to lifting and it normally will go away after a couple of days. It was initial a lower back pain, and then it move on to sciatica, which caused me to seek professional help. After an MRI, it turns out that I have multiple herniation at L3/L4/L5/S1. The L4/L5 is actually pressing on the nerve which cause the pain shooting down the leg.

I did some physio, which doesn't really help much. I also went to some traditional massage which causes more harm. In March, the pain was so bad I developed a list, with my torso bending to my left. I couldn't sit for long, and even to walk normally is a challenge.

It all changed when I took up hamstring stretching, been to accupunture (including taking some traditional herbal meds) and decompression therapy. The pain level switched from level 9 (March) to level 2 (now). The list is gone. The shooting pain down the leg and hip is still there, especially when I try to bend down with my leg straight. But other than that, I don't notice them being around. Am starting to step back into the gym for rehabilitation.

My humble advice to those who suffer the same fate:
1. Maintain a good posture all the time. My posture is not good at all prior to injury.
2. Adopt hamstring stretching into your daily routine. Trust me, it helps.
3. Get a good mattress.
4. Go for accupunture if you have the chance to.

Hope the above helps.
Has anyone received a diagnosis for tehir hip pain?
u all have same pain that i have,but i went to therapy and i was told my left pelvic is higher than the right pelvic and will be going for 30 minutes therapy per week for 8 weeks.
I had the same problem what I had is called FAI outer leg inner groin lower back pain with pain going down the leg I know your post says 2007 but its worth looking into what happens is you have a impengement and damaged cartilage depends on the exstent it could pinch your sciatic nerve causing the leg pain
the past couple weeks I've had this pain that seems to be fine in the am but around noon begins.  It's almost like a charlie horse and yet not, it runs down from my left lower hip to the back of my thigh almost to my knee.  Does anyone know what this might be?  I've seen a chiropractor a few times with no relief
i am a 26 year old female, i suffer from pins and needles kind of pain, numbness and excruciating pain along my left leg from the side of the foot, all the way to the hip and buttocks. it really is uncomfortable.

then on my right foot just under the ankle, where i once got a fracture, the pain is quite different but almost reminds me of the fracture..a friend said its reflexology..indicating my ovaries aren't well, which yes i am in my monthlies could mean something????
i am a young senior who seems to have developed the same problem as you. i can no longer put my right sock on without experiencing severe pain in my inner hip joint. if i walk upright, i seem to be fine. ..if you have received any advise that might be useful, please email me with it at ***@****
I have the same problem as all you guys. My left hip started hurting yesterday after my soccer game. And, my knees have been hurting over the year. I play constant soccer so that my be the problem but I don't know what to do. I'm only 14.
My mom thinks it's just over usage but I wanna see a doctor.
well hi i was just wondery that can left hip or left lower hip can it be appendix pain because i cannot sleep,sit still,walk normal and every time i walked i keep bending my need,and it hurts so bad.......
i went in lay down on ma bed i feel not to  well but ok.i get up n walk again it hurts even more.i went to doctor they tell me to go bak at 2:30 now i feel ok but i dont knoe wen it well happen again.
I have had the same issue for around four months. It took two months for a doctor to finally recongnize the symtoms (symptoms) as recondaric bursitis (bursitis of the hip). This was caused by the fact that my left leg was over 1" longer than my right one, something not noticed in the miriad of X-rays done by the doctor but rather by a physical therapist. Now that my legs are even again my pain practically gone...except when my hips go out of alignment again and then the pain is excruciating.
I did receive a steroid shot in the hip which seemed to help somewhat but the therapy really did the trick.
Let me know if this is helpful.
I am having pain in my left hip in the pelvic area it is almost so bad to where I cant walk I walk with a limp it hurts so bad. I am scared
I am 25 yrs. I have pain in lower back on left side, left hip pain, left pelvic pain and pain down the left leg at times.  It comes and goes. And I feel that I put weigh in my left hip.When I check with a doctor she said this might be a bowel problem. But I have no issues with bowel movements. what would be the reason for it. Can anyone suggest ?? am so scared !!
Hello friends,
I am from INDIA.i just found this page,I was having the same problem----
LEFT LOWER BACK /HIP SIDE severe PAIN..
When i was 16 i first noticed this problem and i m 30 now.
But i have some real life experience or u can say solution for u all.
Just try these TIPS seriously,which i do when i gat these pains---

1)start doing yoga (i have mentioned it below)
2)do a hot oil massage on the lower hip ,u can massage with oil and put heating pad on it,or can put warm towel,atleast for 15 minutes,3 times a day,
3)u can take aceclofenac tablets of 100 mg daily,
4)Always have hot water bath,and sit in the hot tub for atleast 10-15 minutes daily,or while taking bath,
5)when reading books,try to follow a simple procedure,like which we used to do when we were kids.Just lie on ur stomach and raise the upper part of ur body and put the book infront of u and read,while taking support of ur shoulders lying on the bed.It will curve ur back and ease the pain.
6)At night while sleeping,take a big pillow ,lie down on the bed and then raise ur hip and put it under ur hip,and sleep atleast for and hour,it will again,make the body poster as a bow.it really eases the pain.
i myself is a physiotherapist and my patients really feel the diffrence,
7)stop having lot of anti inflammatory pain killing drugs,as they affect ur lever.
Follow the below mentioned yogasanas.
And u will see a miracle

1)BHUJANGASANA
Lie face down on the abdomen on the mat with legs straight, feet together, toes facing outside and forehead on the floor.
Place your hands directly under the chest; your thumbs should touch the nipples. Relax the whole body.
Inhale, slowly lift your head up, chest up, and then hold there for sometime with normal breathing. After that, if you feel like, roll back your spine further back, otherwise slowly come back while exhaling to the starting position.
See that the arms remain half bent at the elbows. Do 5-10 times depending upon the body condition. In between whenever you want, you can take rest in Makarasana & start again the same asana.

BENEFITS
One gets pressure on the end of spinal column by this exercise thus giving relief from the back pain.-
Bhujangasan-(sleep on ur stomach and raise ur legs from behind,as much as u can,keeping them together)

2)DHANURASANA
Lie face down on the abdomen on the mat with legs straight, feet together and toes facing outside.
Bend the knees from behind, extend the arms backwards & hold the ankles.
Place the forehead on the floor.
Inhale; raise your body from both sides as high as possible by keeping the knees & feet apart as much as the distance between the shoulders.
Bend the head backward as much as you can with ease.
Hold it as long as you feel comfortable.
Exhale & come back in the starting position & relax in Makarasana. Do 3-5 times.

BENEFITS
It is a wonderful posture for those suffering from rheumatism,pains of lower hip, pains of knee &elbow joints, frozen shoulder and backache. In this asana, we get benefits of Bhujangasana & Shalbhasana Postures.

U can find the photos of these asanas on-
http://www.yogacards.com/yoga-postures-2/locust-pose-shalabhasana.html

http://www.yogacards.com/yoga-postures-2/cobra-pose.html

http://www.yogacards.com/yoga-postures-2/kapotasana-pigeon-pose.html

for more information ,u can ask questions at bridget.***@****
I am 22 I have all the same symptoms the doc tells me muscle spams
Hi, I read about the problem of your wife... Sorry, I can't give you any suggestion as onf now... I also have same problem. I have gone to various doctors.. More I visit doctors my pain increases.... nothing helping as of now... Now, I'am going to Apolo Hospital Doctor.. Neurosurgeon. If you now have any solution to this problem please advise me... you can  mail me at dev.***@****. Thank you

I have left leg pain... Lower back pain, Hip pain My MRI shows that L4-& L5 disc is bulging and touching nerve.. Please advise

I am a 30 year old woman. I have a shooting pain in my right hip and groin area that also goes down the back of my leg. I recently had a baby 12 months ago and this pain has been coming and going since my pregnancy. At this point I can not take a brisk walk or walk fast with a piercing pain in my hip and down my leg. Can some one please help me figure out what this is from?
This pain occurs when either you lift up something that is heavy, if you are a dancer or if you slept in a bad position. A bad position meaning that you slept uncomfortable. These types of pains are associated with "an open back". When you hear the term "open back" it means that the muscles around that specific part of your lower back are weaken. In Trinidad and Tobago and some part of India and a few places in the world, you can have someone rub it, both your back starting from the top straight down to the lower part and rub the belly. The next day,a lota (with other stuff) is placed on top of the back where it hurts and within minutes you will feel everything pulling back in place. The pain eases and eventually it goes away. Taking medication and performing operations may not always help. I hope that this information was helpful. If you have any other input, pleasse email me ... ***@****
that is true
IM 43 yr old female w/history of chronic low back pain. Have degenerative disk disease/ herniated L5-S1.Arthritis in back. For past week I've been in SEVERE PAIN running down left side of butt cheek and down the back of left leg to mid part of my calf. The pain is so bad I can't hardly walk and if I turn in bed on my left leg searing pain rips down left leg to the bottom of my foot. Im scared as to what this is...I need an MRI however I would have to pay a $3,000 deductible up front.we don't have it at all! CAN ANYONE PLZ TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME...I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED FOR 2DAYS NOW.  Thank you, Gina M.
I have just come out of the same symptoms you detailed and have the same issue you do with my lower back except that I had a laminectomy from L4 - S1 in 2007. It's your siatic (sciatic) nerve being pinched where it comes out of the spine. Unfortunately they always requires an MRI before doing anything as there is the possibility that you might need surgery if the spine is to bad to fix with steroidnal injections (which aren't any cheaper by the way). Hopefully your doctor is giving you a pain medication like

Hydrocordone which works well for temporary relief, at least it did for me.

I have been in physical therapy since mid July and will be continue for at least another 4 weeks. I had the MRI followed by one set of steroid injections in my back. My situation was also complicated by the fact that I have a pelvic tilt to the left side which caused my left leg to be longer than the right. That has been corrected too but I have ongoing loss of function in the quadraceps in the left leg.

Wishing you well and wellness shortly!
im only 11 im having pains and huts i want to cry what should i do
Yeah I've also been feeling this kind of pain for a while already for maybe about a yera.. there are some days I don't feel anything and there are other days when it just comes.. I'm only 18, very active in sports,swimming,hiking and this also seems to slow me down.. I think It might be because of the cold weather!! :/ idk hmmmm
hi i'm 19 now & I have pain in lower back on left side, left hip pain, left pelvic and pain radiating down the left leg at times.when I put weight on left leg its even more bad then can ease up within minutes with changing position, n i m having this problem since 1& half years bt since a weeks before my pain is being more worsen  n i've gone through all diagnostic procedures,MRI,CT scan,ultrasound,x-ray n blood tests too but my all reports are normal n doctors have only given me pain killers which work for that duration as soon as the dose is finished the pain comes back..so plz help me
uh..it's growing pains..go and tell your parents!
i have hip and side pain, it do not hurt unless i move or turrrn over in the bed. it is on my right side i can touch it in a spot and it really hurt. any one else has this problem
Hi im a female 30 years old and have been diagnosed with C3-C6 herniated discs along with thorasic disc degeneration. I have had numerous MRI's all showing the same thong. Went to an orthopedic surgeon and they said they couldnt help me. Lately I have been concerned with joint pain and stiffness mostly in elbows, shoulders, and hips. When I lay on one side in bed on one side for too long I experience a great amount of pain in those joints. I can't seem to figure out why. I have seen an R.A. Doctor and he says I'm negative  for rheumatoid arthritis and that is the only thing I know of that could be causing this. I also get lots of knee pain. X-rays were done but came out negative as well for r.a. I have symptoms of carpal tunnel and tingling in my right arm. I went to have a nerve cobduction study done but nothing came of that either that wasn't related to my neck pain. I can't figure out why my joints are hurting to the point where it wakes me up at night all the time and don't know what my next step should be to be able to help the pain where I'm not waking up at night all the time. only other thing I can think of is that I may have fibromayalgia, but none of the doctors I have seen will diagnose it. I have researched it online and have sone of the symptoms associated with it but cant get it diagnosed. I am on 2 types of pain killers. One is the fentanyl patch and the other is morphine IR as needed. I also take an anti-inflammatory called voltaren for tendonitis. I was on mobic to help with the knee pain but was switched after a foot injury about 9 months ago (only been off the mobic for about 2 months). Do you have any suggestions as to where I can go from here? I really need to find out whats going on. Thanks
I read your post and want you to know that you are not alone. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 7 years ago. I had similar symptoms as you but the pain was on great amounts right around the time of my menstrual cycle. I finally read about endometriosis cause I got tired of the pain and got to where I couldnt work regularly or get out of bed at times. After being diagnosed the best solution for me was the mirena IUD. After having it put in for the first time I noticed alot of the pain subsided. An endochrinologist that I started seeing told me about the mirena after trying other types of birth control that were unsuccesful. The onky way to diagnose endometriosis is through surgery that I know of at this time. The surgery is through a laparoscopy procedure and is performed as an outpatient procedure. If you havent already I would suggest telling your doctor you are interested in the surgery to find our if this could be the cause of your pain. Their are millions of us women who suffer from endometriosis and I pray that one of them is not you as I would not wish this upon anyone. Let me know if I can be of help. We have support groups around the world on the internet and perhaps where you live locally.
Have u ever felt like, uve seen wen a pregnant woemens babys foot is pushin n u Kinda see there goot yea well thts how th pain feel like my own hip bone or disc want t come out like its pushing againts my skin try ing t get out
i have had back sugurey for disk 4 & five pinched nerve when i when to therpy they told me my pelvic was out of place and did something to put it back and felt fine and now after two months i am in pain again in the hip/pelvic area on the left side what can i do if i can to put it back or do i need to go back to my back dr to have him look at it  PLEASE HELP I AM REALLY TIRED OF BACK PAIN ALL THE TIME
Did you find out -as i am having the same symptoms
nigela
I was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid that is 8 cm and it is abnormal and full of blood.  It is painful to the touch and it gives me pain in the middle of my pelvis area.  I am also having pain on the left side in the pelvis and it is carrying down my leg.  I am wondering if anyone can help me. Thank you.
I have the same problem. Researching it online, I found it is caused by the piriformos muscle . It affects the entire lower back region into the buttocks. Sometimes it can also affect the sciatic nerve..ouch! Sooo painful this condition is. I also have hip and pelvis soreness. I also have arthritis and fibromyalgia.
I am 34 years old and I just recently had a baby. This back pain came a month after I gave birth and its on my left side as well. I'm thinking that maybe its caused from the epidural that I got to ease the labor pains. The pain is in my left leg and seems to travel to my back when I am standing or sitting. If I sit the wrong way the pain shoots from my leg to my back causing a lot of discomfort. I have never experienced pain like this before and its really starting to bother me a great deal. Hope this pain is caused from the epidural that I got and not anything else. Really confused
after sleeping on the floor of my kids room, I got pain in my right hip area for about a week. I took celbrex and ibuprofen. nothing worked. it then moved to my right hip. Sometimes if feels as though my hip is bruised but I never fell.

I went to a chiropractor. He took x-rays. he couldn't really see everything and my disks looked okay. He kind of noted that one area of my hip was a little off center. She checked how I stand on each foot using some computer scanner.

He really never gave me an exact reason for the pain. he mostly said it was due to the fact that I lean outward a little on my feet and it's throwing things off balance and causing my body to be slightly out of alignment and ultimately causing pain.  He cracked my back, had me purchase some expensive shoe inserts, had me get a massage.

The massage table was padded and felt really good. I did buy a back pillow for sitting that helps. I also now put a pillow under my knees when I sleep and that helps too.

the point is -- the chiropractor didn't find anything unusual in my xray. didn't really know for sure.  
I have the same problem 4 years ago and was diagnosed with scoliosis!! I'm going through the pain on left side as we speak! I don't have insurance so can't get it fixed
I am in the exact same position with left hip pain. Burning and radiating pain down leg. So sick of no answers:(
I am 44 and have three children grown now. I have been suffering with back pain since I was 27 I noticed that if i I bent forwards its not so painful but if I bend backwards an from side to side it really hurts especially on my left side my core muscles feel painful this is getting form bad to worse I now notice that my left side of my stomach is bloated well my whole stomach but the left side is more than the right when I sit on the floor it is quite painful to get up my bk is so painful I
l feel like an elderly person who needs a walking stick at times please help
I have left hip pains that travels t My lover left leg iam in pain every day i pray to the lord i fined the cure i cant sleep play with,My son sit to much or walk fast or run iam walking with a limp any one plz help iam 24 and My life has bin living hell for 8 to 9 months and i dont know whats wrong :'(
I am a 47 year old European male with excruciating pain in the back pelvis bones every time I lift something heavy like a lot of cement bags or when I pull tree stumps all day long I get this excruciating pelvic pain in the lower back which also becomes painful in the lower abdomen. Cat scan of pelvic area was done and my doc told me my back is in condition of a 20 year old and that there are no problems with any of my health, so I only assume it could be a very painful muscle strain or nerve irritation? The pain last several days to up to 2-3 weeks and disables me from most of physical activity and even from sleeping.
i'm 25 years old female and get a pain on the my right leg after laying down. if i try to put weight on my leg i get a sharp pain and if i forget that it happens i almost fall from it... so i tend to limp for a lil so not to get the pain, its only after i lay down though... after a while it goes away in under five minuets
Did you ever get an answer....I have exacly what you said.....so much pain .......Thanks let me know
There are a lot of exercises that help with scoliosis. Do an internet search. Surgery for scoliosis is not necessarily a cure.
I have had scoliosis my whole life. I started wearing a brace in Kindergarten and stopped in 8th grade.
What is the connection with the left leg/buttocks/hip pains? Has the DR said anything?
Hi, I am a 48 year old male. I have had pain in my lower back and left side groin for some time. I also have pains in my legs, which go cold and both calves get very achy. Apparently there were 2 pathologies. The groin pain was due to impingement on my left hip. I had the raised lump of bone removed last September, which has been amazing. However, during recovery, the one thing that helped the most, was to alter the seat position on the car to flat and not bucket shaped. This is also the case at home. Any seat that is bucket style, makes my legs/hips ache like crazy and I get the sensation that I am going to fall, as if something in the front of the hip area is going to burst. As for the back and legs!! a herniated disc between L4 and L5. The op to put this right will take a long time to recover from and so has been put on hold till funds have been raised a bit.
TRY SLEEPING SOMEWHERE ELSE.  GO TO A HOTEL FOR A NIGHT.
Hi...
My Names Dean I'm 24, I really need some advice on the following symptoms....
Hip pain on right side of both front and back regions, sharp severe pain when bending over to pick anything up ONLY after prolonged walking or standing, twitching of either nerves or muscle up and down the leg, tingling painful sensations also around the toe region.

I've dismissed sciatica as I I've had it before roughly four years ago and it's not in anyway the same pain, I really need some advice as I'm a fourth year dental student with exams coming up, could anyone pleaseeeeeee help, thankyou
Did you ever figure out what happened cause thats the exact thing I am going thru :(
I'm 15 and female. on my left side right above my hip in my back next to my spine i have severe pain. I've been trying to pop my lower back, but it doesn't work.also, when i walk it feels like something is crackling or crumbling in between my hip and spine.
I have suffered lower back left side for years. like you it flares up when sitting. Even though my car seat is very comfortable it is not my spine but rather my hip. I feel a pain sensation in lower left side of my back but the pain goes deep to the bone, you can not put your finger on the point of the pain but mine can radiate down my thigh. I do not think there is a cure, my ortho dr could not find anything wrong from x-rays and my chiroporactor had absolutely no affect on my pain. One thing that i figured out that helps me is to sit on a cushion of some sort, i use my couch and take my right ankle  and tuck it under my left buttock then take my left foot and pull it over top of my right thigh as much to the waste as you can get it and then bounce the knee up and down like a streching exercise and my hip joint pops and the pain is instantly gone at least 90 percent. I had the pain tonight and my hip popped as i was bringing it up to my thigh. this definitely works for me let me know if this helps ***@****
have you all considered NUTCRACKER SYNDROME?  Google it and see your DR with your info.  It just might help to check it out.
Derek I am also suffering from same problem, as I saw to you have written it 2010 so by now I wish you are ok If so then kindly let me know how...how to get rid of this problem.

mail me at ***@****
see if you have a pain dont try to daigonse yourself please refer to doctor it might be any thing even it will affect your leg.
Hi, I'm 19 and I have similar pain. I have scoliosis, a tilted pelvis and SI joint issues. I also have very bad circulation in my legs, especially my right one. When my back pain gets bad, I feel it EVERYWHERE. All through my back hurts, my legs hurt aend frequently go numb, my SI joints get inflamed, I can't lay down or really sit for long. I seem to have chronic ovarian cysts as well. When my pain in my back gets bad, it effects my hips, especially my right one. I have been through surgery, chiropractors, anything you can think of. Nothing seems to help. Please help with any information!!
I am a 26 yr old male who never any trauma, but have degenerative disc disease. In 2009 I started having severe back pain. After MRI and Xray, i found out I had herniated discs: L4 to S1, L5-S1 being the worst. I had surgery (L5-S1) micro-discectomy, which helped for 5 months. The pain returned and i got another MRI. it showed spinal stenosis and more damage to L4-L5 and continued issuea with stability at L5-S1. I couldn't walk at this point so i saw a neuro-surgeon who said a fusion surgery was my best option.  I had it done in Jan 2012. Most recently, I've been struggling with continuous low back pain on my left side, my hip area that radiates down to my left groin. On Monday, my left leg started to have severe pain, namely posterior above my knee. I went to the ER last night but they didn't really give me any cause. I really don't know what is causing this and don't know how to get relief.  Im on pain meds but they arent touching this leg pain. Anyone have any suggestions?  
Hi I'm from Scotland, I've been having the same symptoms as you, The pain feel's like its inside the hip in the bone. I feel ike I'm sleeping on concrete. I bought a new bed but the pain problems were still there so I went to my doctors & got referred to a Surgeon that deals with hip's & lower limb problems. He examined me then sent me for an X-ray. I have Arthiritis of the Hip & I need a Hip replacement. So it is worth while asking to see a specialist to put your mind at rest & find out what is causing your pain. Hope this helps.
I too have had lower back pain and cramps into the thigh. I am not over weigt and try to exercise and such. MRU has herniated discs but like most older adults. I THINKS THIS ALL STARTED WITH MY NEW CAR!!!
YUP check out your car seat. When I drive ( Toyota RAv4) the car suspension caused me to rotate my hips a lot while I take corners and such and the road buzz coming up my seat is significant. I may have to sell this car just to get back to normal. Also realized that to boot, my left foot would feel better if the seat allowed me to have by knee more level with the the under part of my thigh, but the seat can not be positioned that way.
Hope this helps some of you to evaluate your car seat as part of the problem as well as your bed.
Eddie
HELLO,
Push your doctor for more test or ask for a second opion.Im not trying to scare you ,but they told my sister the cysts would go away too. When she started to try and have a baby, they couldnt.She starting having all the test, to find out she had 2 cysts, 1 on each overy the size of melon's.Dont wait,push for more testing.I also had a friend, that ended up passing away at the age of 23,because it turned out to be cancer.
Good Luck
Hello, i have severe back issue's now for 4yr's. I have arthritis in all my facet joint's up my spine.DDD,Buldging disc,spinabifda, loss of spine,. I am 34, have 2 kid's. I am off work for good,cannot do alot of thing's i could before.
Now it is getting worse, the pain is so severe down my hip,and leg. This pain is killing me, i barely sleep. I do take pain pill's, but they barely touch it any more.
I have also at the age 25,had a intense sinus sugery,then half my thyroid was take out,many time's had to have the endometroisi burned out,then followed partial hysterectomy,then they took 1 overy,then took the last one. After this almost 2 yrs ago, i had to have a bladder lift.Now I am suffering with no control over my bladder, extreme pelvic pain, urnitating is so painful,little at a time,lot's etc.
I just want to feel somewhat normal, which will never happen.
My doctor had told me,my back is going to continue to get worse,nothing we can do.
I have tried therpay,nerve block's, you name it i tried it..
Just sick of it all
I am a 42 yr old female. I have severe pain in my left side; low back, hip, groin, down my leg and into my left foot. Any walking over 10 or so minutes would cause my leg and back severe pain, heavyness and fatigue. By the time I make it back to my car, for instance, after shopping, the pain be would be so intense that I'd have to physically lift up my leg with my hands.
I am a lot of pain with my left side of hip and pelifc any advice?
I have had lower back pain, left hip and left leg pain for several months. I have also had a bad back for 21 years so the pain comes and goes. However, this pain seems like Nerve pain and is very persistent in the left leg but seems to come and go in the left hip and back.

I am an exercise instructor so have tried to rest as much as possible however the pain in the leg is almost worse at night when I am trying to sleep. Any suggestions??
Thank You
JK54
I know your post was old but what you described could be what I have. If you are still in any pain let me know and I will go into detail.
Your post brought me to tears. Please hang in there. I have been having back/hip pain and all the way down my left leg for awhile now. I have always been healthy and fit so this came as a shock to have to deal with out of the blue. If you feel the need to talk to someone, just for support, I would be happy to be there for you. :-)
Feel free to email me ***@****
Erm I'm 15 and I kind of get this, but it really hurts at the moment, it becomes worse when I do pe. My friends suggested it could be something to do with horseriding or dance. It is also bad if I lie down for periods of time or when I get up in the morning.
Wow, just when you think you're all alone, you stumble onto a page like this! There should be support groups for people like us, although we probably couldn't sit through an entire session. I know I couldn't. I injured my lower back at work when I was 36. That's when I learned that workman's comp is not there to help you. They are a mandatory bill for your employer...nothing more. I worked 5 more years as the pain increased and finally lost my job at 41 when my left hip, tailbone and groin joined in with the back pain and literally floored me.(I worked ten years of ten hour shifts and never missed a day.) I am now 43 and losing my mind from unemployment and unbearable pain. I've been to 9 different doctors, two MRI's, blood tests, an EMG, therapy, home remedies, and enough pain meds to kill a horse. Besides a bulging disc, everything else is "possible this and that" and I've now run out of financial resources. Against every fiber of my being, I applied for disability and had to be reevaluated by one of their doctors. After he tried to get me to perform like a circus monkey, to the point of tears, he diagnosed me with anxiety. CASE DISMISSED! My last degrading chance was a dead end.
But I'm a fighter and I know this IS NOT all in my head. I've made an appointment for one last MRI, with contrast this time, and I'll be selling my car to pay for it but I don't care. I was an upstanding citizen before all of this and now I'm being treated like some charity case, drain on society, bottom feeder. But I'm just like all of you. Frustrated with healthcare, angry at the system and in agony morning, noon and night.
Your stories, as heart breaking as they are, have helped shed some light on this confusing time. My heart goes out to all of you!
  I injured my lower back 8 months ago while sitting in a small boat  fishing and HATING the constant stream of bigger boats speeding by Us and causing huge wakes to rock our boat.

I believe that the 'hating' I did toward the big boat drivers contributed  to my injury and is the main reason my Hips still hurt today.

I have seen legal cannabis knock out a  Migraine, even if the migraine is in a full roar, but the same Med does not ease the pain of my hips/ back. Has anyone found a cannabis that relives Arthritis type pain. If You feel uncomfortable posting that kind of information write me at:
***@****
Thanks.
I have had symptoms like many of you describe. My gyno found that I have endometriosis that has grown to affect the sciatic nerves.  He was able to give me something for the pain until I decide what options I want to take. Until then I find that heat and ice helps a lot. Hope this helps.
I have a similar problem.   For about a year I have been getting this pain in my left hip which comes and goes.     LATELY IT HAS BEGUN TO AFFECT MY LEFT LEG AND KNEE.     Doctors are no use. Prescribe pain killers but no solution.    I   just started La-Jinn Therapyand the results have been very encouraging.   Doing one exercise only the pain and mobility of hip and leg have improved dramatically.     You can get access to this therapy on the net and it does not cost you anything.     However you must be consistent with the exercises.   As I said above I only do the one exercise two to three times a day each session lasts about two minutes.     Well worth the time.     There are about 5 exercises in the programme>   I use the "door" execercise.      Hope this helps you.
I have pain in my left side hip bone but abit towards abdomen any idea what it could be?
i have been feeling an acute pain in my femur/hip area for over 3 years and never want away i seen to doctor after injury had an x-ray they said they didn't see any thing but i just didn't feel right stiffness down my whole left side asking pain nothing i can't well i am a boy but i use to feel more freely if you know what i mean, when it first happen in a football game i damage my hip and kept playing i was having a good game than i notice it was hard to move my leg and my butt was getting really stiff so i waited it out a day or so later i couldn't take it & so random i lost feeling in my whole left leg for about 3 min with an extreme pain i couldn't move  running up my leg to my lower back which i thought it was a minor back injury than after taking IB 600 for about 3-4 weeks i notice it wasn't helping or felt as though it wasn't can any one help me with this? ever since i couldn't the same got skip step i take every other step that i noticed.
When i read your comment it sounded exactly like me. Did you get diagnosed yet? Thanks...
i have had repeated urine infections in the last few years cold hands and feet and the pain in my left leg and hip most mornings when i wake up i cant move it straight away i take alot of painkillers which i want to stop even now the pain is in my left calf i dont know what the causes are any suggestions
no but i'm going through the same thing it's driving me nuts and i can not stand it makes me want to cry and i'm 45
I have been in pain for along time with my neck lower back and now both hips. I'm only 40 years old I've been diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease of my neck and lower back also with fibromyalgia. I've been in more than 5 car wrecks. I've tried physical therapy but it made what I'm going thru worse. There are days when I can't walk or even stand.  I tried working in my flower garden on Saturday only for 1 hour and I couldn't hardly move from that little work. On Sunday and Monday walking was difficult for me and I was in so much pain nothing worked to take away the pain. I'm so tired of the way I hurt and can't do much hardly anything like cooking dishes or just normal house work. I've not been able to work due to this. Can someone tell me what's really wrong. My hands also shake very bad sometimes I wear whatever I'm drinking cause of my hands

I am 32 yo. I had my first child when I was 30 and it was a rough pregnancy and delivery. She tried to come real early around 7 months and kept trying to come so they had to give me some shots to stop the contractions. I finally had her almost a week late and I had to have an emergency c section because she was not able to pass my bones in my pelvic area because they were too narrow. I was at a 10 for quite some time and they finally did the c section.
Well I had some pelvic and hip pain after every once in a while for the first 1 1/2 year. I started to feel real good this year at 32 and even started to finally lose a little weight, because last spring around this time(april) I had been diagnosed with h -pyloria and an ulcer. Well I was doing great and losing weight and feeling good  but then 3 days ago I woke up with a sore neck on my right and then the next day I woke up with sever pain in my pelvis area and lower back and it has not went away. It is so bad that I cannot hardly move when i am in bed and I cannot walk well and do much of anything but sit. I am not sure what is going on but I am scared. There is ovarian cancer that runs in my family and we already lost 2 in the last 31/2 years. I was checked last year and was clear. Well I am going into the ER today a sunday, because of the severity of the pain. I really hope they can figure out what is wrong for sure and I hope there is an easy remedy.
Hi Folks

I am also having similar issues for a long time. its on the lower left. I sleep on the right side of the bed. I noticed many males here complaining pain on the left and girls on the right? So is there a pattern here?

Like if you sleep on the right side of the bed, you get pain pn the left. And if you sleep on the left then the pain is on the right side? If so the bed could be the real culprit..
Wow!  Just when you feel you're the only one.... I'm 45 and have always been in very good health (hot a broken bone or aliment pretty much ever).  I kicked up my exercise program this January & thought that was the issue, but now after being sedentary for a couple weeks the pain in my lower back, hips, inner thighs and thighs just above my knee hasn't decreased at all.. in fact it is worse.  The feeling is sometimes pulsating to a burning sensation in the muscles.  I am ritually taking pain killers and now they barely seem to work.  I work in retail and the constant standing is sometimes excruiating.  When I finally sit the pain used to go away, but that unfortunately has also subsided.   This is all fairly new to me so I have not yet seen my physician.  I had a full workup.. blood, stress, etc. all about a 1 1/2 yrs ago just because of my age & all was completely normal.  I'm so sorry to read about everyone's issues and wish you all well.
I will be 50 in 3 days, this all started suddenly with my knee(thats where the pain was coming from), walking side bent to the left and could hardly walk.  I went to the chiropractor, took x-rays lower back between 4 and 5 bulging, but try telling that to my knee.  I went for several weeks and alot of money, it may have helped me walk better, but I'm in so much pain, I just can't begin to tell you.  Left hip stabbing pain down to knee then pain shoots back up.  I can't hardly lift myself up from the toilet at times.  The pain is in my knees and dont have enough momentim to get up.  Now its been almost 5 months, booth knees, left hip, shoulders, left foot, hands everything hurts so bad.  If I even go to the grocery, by the time I get to the car I have to rest, sometimes cry. Can't get any sleep unless pain killers and muscle relaxers.  Any one have any ideas.  Some days I dont even fell like taking a shower.  If I ever get in the tub I can't even cross my legs for at least 10 min.  I've tried ice, but heat helps the most.  The way I feel I won't make it to 60.  Please help.
I am only 20 and I been having problems like y'all. It started when i was bending over to pick something off the floor and then my lower back went out. kind of like when your standing and your knee goes out. I felt pain for a few minutes then it went away. But now it happened two more times and the pain is going to my hips. I can't go see a doc cuz i have no insurance and doctors these days are way to spendy for me. The pain makes me want to cry sometimes but then after a while i get use to the pain and then it goes away. but then a month later it comes back. This time the pain started on my lower back and then now my entire leg is hurting, both legs. more pain in my right leg then my left. I'm afraid its a rupture disk or something worst like cancer.
I've had cats scans and xrays and seen doctored after docture but they don't know I have the same symptoms and I'm only 21 I've had this pain for 2 years seance I started roofing I quite but I still suffer pain everyday walking sitting just getting out of bed is enough pain to make me wanna cry i really wish somebody new what was wrong cause no docture seems to know are care to find out
I have had two back surgeries (spinal stenosis).  The last one was in dec 2009. About a year after that surgery , I started having low back and right hip pain and pain down to my toes on my right leg.  I can't stand but for just a couple of minutes at a time and can't sit but for a limited time.  I am only early fifties.  I don't want another surgery.  I am thinking time for disability.
Hi Dustin
I have experienced this over a year
I went for massage at local spa - recently got deep tissue massage on whole body especially hip, lower back, left leg until the flat feet
Also did few treatment of accupressure almost continuing for 3 months now and pain has vanished

I added meditation, breathing exercises 3 times a day sitting n yr office chair gives relaxation and breath thru one nostril release thru other 15 min, each time

Diet - increased soups, no cold water and pai is easing in winter
I feel much better and energetic
I am 28 yrs old. I have been experiencing back pain , buttock pain, hip pain and leg pain only at the right side of my body at the same time. I had MRI done but the reports shows no abnormality. Is this a problem with muscle or ligament? please suggest.
i have pain on my outer hip rihgt side and on some points of my thighs n lower leg it is very painful what shuld i do?
I have the same pain, left side deep in just under my ribs, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain all the time, sometimes feel bloated or sore stomach. I dont know what it is.
I am going on 45, for the last 3+ years I have been in chronic pain.  It began in my low left side of back, spread to cover left hip, then left leg then left foot, then right foot, then right low back, right hip, abdomen, right leg.  Now I am in constant horrible pain even with strong pain killers from my low back to my toes.  My feet are completely numb yet the bones inside hurt horribly.  Sharp jabbing pains in my knees are the only pains that come and go, everything else is constantly there and hurting so badly.  I have degenerative disc disease throughout my spine, arthritis through out my entire spine, a couple of bulged discs and recently found by accident that I have tumors on both ovaries with the left one so large it is pushing my uterus to the right.  I will be having a complete hysterectomy next month and I pray this will elevate this pain, because the last month I have been living non stop at a 10+ for my pain number even with high doses of medications.  I have prayed for death just to no longer be tortured and I begged GOD to take me on the operating table if I will not be pain free after this operation.  I cannot do it anymore.  Constant torture!  I went from doing everything to being barely able to do simple things for myself in the last three plus years.  I keep telling them I must have cancer in order to have this much pain and for it to keep spreading.  They won't know if the tumors are cancer for sure until they are removed and tested.  Pray for me, please.... Pray this surgery will stop my torture.  Thank you!
I had exactly the same thing and suffered with it for 4 years. The last year I was told I had ankylosing spondilitis and was treated for a year or so but it just didn't help.
Do you have kyphosis (hunch in upper spine) per chance?
I had surgery to straighten my spine 6 weeks ago. My doctor believes that it was the hunch and upper spinal stiffness causing me to use my lower back like a hinge. My lower back was over compensating for the lack of movement in my upper back. He says that this was pinching nerves in my lower back and causing the pain. Hence the reason it goes away so fast. As soon as you lift your leg or rest your lower spine the nerve isn't pinched any more.
Now I'm only 6 weeks in from major surgery so I don't know what the long term effects will be but so far I haven't had the pain since the op.

Hope it helps.