Orthopedics Community
Hip Arthroscopy Surgery Recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hip Arthroscopy Surgery Recovery

Hi - I am having Hip Arthroscopy Surgery in 2 months due to a torn labrum. The tear is of the entire superior labrum extending anterior to posterior. The surgeon said he is not 100% what he will do when he gets in, but did mention he will probably just clean all of teh bad stuff and doesn't think it will be worth fixing the tear. He said there is a good chance the area is not good anymore, but if he feels it's worth fixing he will do so. With that in mind, anyone have any idea what kind of recovery I am looking at? Is this a painful post op process or just the first couple of days? How long on crutches? How long until I am back to my normal activity? Any info you can provide is appreciated. THX
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Most of these surgeries will depend after the inspection at the site after the incision. Tell your orthopedic surgeon to explain all pros and cons and if required take a second opinion and go ahead.

Recovery time from most arthroscopic hip procedures is 4 – 6 months to full, unrestricted activity.

Take care!