Orthopedics Community
Hip Bursitis Cause?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hip Bursitis Cause?

About 15 years ago, I was washing the car and heard the phone ring.  I quickly went to answer the phone and hit my right hip on the side of the car by the tail light.  This bothered me for quite a several weeks.  But then what made it worse, was I was walking fast to get into an elevator and both hips hit the elevator door as it was closing.  The same right hip was made worse.  The left hip really didn't bother me.  I went to an orthepedic doctor a couple of weeks later to get it x-rayed.  Back then around 1990, he said I had some kind of bursitis and not to worry.  I think he told me to take pain pills.  This took awhile to resolve and it finally did a few months later.

Between, 2000 and 2006 I have had 5 operations on the right and 3 on the left for hernia pain.  I have been one of those unfortunate people who have had post hernia pain syndrome.  This would cause a lot of pain and discomfort in the groin.  The operations would eliminate the pain for a few months and then gradually come back.  

My last operation was in May.  The pain came back gradually and I believe this tension has caused the return of the hip bursitis.
Does this seem possible to anyone?  I am seeking a neurectomy to eliminate the muscle spasms.  Hopefully this would eliminate the bursitis.  But I have an appointment with an othepedic surgeon tomorrow to see if I have arthritis.