Orthopedics Community
Hip Pain - 19 year old female

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hip Pain - 19 year old female

My right hip is in a lot of pain. It hurts in the front.. a little bit below the top of my hip and the pain feels deep. I'm having trouble walking and moving it. The hip is very stiff. When I do walk, I notice my right legs wobbles in towards my left leg. My hip has snapped and locked for years, but has never hurt like this. I do not do sports, but do pilates, but haven't since last Tuesday. The pain started today. I can't seem to stretch it out. Is this something that needs medical attention? Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Hello!

Restrict your movements and take rest for couple of days.

Apply ice packs and take pain killers and if the pain does not decrease then follow up for some scans and a physical examination near an orthopedician.

Take care!