Orthopedics Community
Hip Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hip Pain

Hi, I am a 35 year old male.I have pain most of the time in my right hip/leg.It has been on going for about a year and did not come about as a result of an injury.Sometimes the pain is in my buttock, outer side of hip and front of hip towards groin.Sometimes it radiates down my lower leg. It also can be sore while in bed at night until I get to sleep, first thing in the morning is best.Pain can also be in my lower back at waist level on the right side. I have not had any scans yet. What would be the most probable cause? Thanks
Related Discussions
Hello!

Bursitis of the hip is the most common cause of hip pain.

There are 2 types of bursitis of the hip. The one on the side is called trochanteric bursitis and the one on the buttocks is called ischial bursitis. The pain sometimes occurs after prolonged sitting on hard surfaces, hence the names "weaver's bottom" and "tailor's bottom."

The other causes may be lower spine problems and it can also be iliotibial band tendonitis.

You would need to visit an orthopedician and localize the pain at areas where you are suffering, give a proper history of any fall, accident or any injury and get it diagnosed after localizing the pain.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank