Hip Pain
Hi, I am a 35 year old male.I have pain most of the time in my right hip/leg.It has been on going for about a year and did not come about as a result of an injury.Sometimes the pain is in my buttock, outer side of hip and front of hip towards groin.Sometimes it radiates down my lower leg. It also can be sore while in bed at night until I get to sleep, first thing in the morning is best.Pain can also be in my lower back at waist level on the right side. I have not had any scans yet. What would be the most probable cause? Thanks
Hello!

Bursitis of the hip is the most common cause of hip pain.

There are 2 types of bursitis of the hip. The one on the side is called trochanteric bursitis and the one on the buttocks is called ischial bursitis. The pain sometimes occurs after prolonged sitting on hard surfaces, hence the names "weaver's bottom" and "tailor's bottom."

The other causes may be lower spine problems and it can also be iliotibial band tendonitis.

You would need to visit an orthopedician and localize the pain at areas where you are suffering, give a proper history of any fall, accident or any injury and get it diagnosed after localizing the pain.

Take care!