Orthopedics Community
Hip popped out when stretching
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hip popped out when stretching

I was doing yoga stretches yesterday and I apparently went a little too far with one of the stretches. My right hip seemed to pop out and then pop back in again.  It happened very quickly and I didn't have much weight on it.  It hurt a little after the incident and is still sore now, but I have no problem walking or weight bearing.  I've heard that vessels can tear when a hip dislocates - is this something that I should follow-up with an orthopedic surgeon or just take it easy for a few days and not worry about it if it starts feeling better.
Thanks!