Orthopedics Community
Hip popping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hip popping

When my right leg is raised and i lower it, my right side of the hip pops, sometimes it doesn't if i lower my leg slowly enough, i usually lean on my right leg if that helps at all, could it be that some of my hip flexors are too weak and inflexible? The popping is usually painless however it does cause discomfort. Also if i sit down and raise my right leg, my right side of the hip seems to rather tighten up or as if there were no space of the end of the leg bone to move around. This is only what it feels like though. Are there certain types of stretching and strengthening exercises that can help make this go away?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

It can be a dislocation of your hip joint. You should go for an X-ray scan for coming to a diagnosis and also get yourself checked by an orthopedician clinically to come to a proper diagnosis.

It can be a posterior dislocation of hip or anterior dislocation of hip. There are other conditions which can give you these symptoms and this can only be diagnosed after a proper examination.

Take care!