Orthopedics Community
Hot poker!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hot poker!

I have a hot poker sensation right below my R knee on the outside part down 2 inches from my knee. Its feels like a hot poker comes and sticks me every 10 seconds or so. Is this related to my ACL? i'm a tennis player and play 4 times a week and have been doing this for 20 years, so i have tennis knees, but no problem up until now. Any suggestions?
Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

The ligament in the back of your knee is the posterior cruciate ligament and on the lateral side is the lateral collateral ligament.

The ligaments of the knee make sure that the weight that is transmitted through the knee joint is centered within the joint minimizing the amount of wear and tear on the cartilage inside the knee.

Get yourself examined by an orthopedician for a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Rest, take intermittent NSAIDs and apply ice packs till then.

Take care!