Orthopedics Community
How to cure leg and feet sprain/strain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

How to cure leg and feet sprain/strain?

The back of my left leg was hit accidentally by a kick a year ago.
The pain was tolerable so I left it alone.
However since that time, my left leg (down to my feet) feels weird.

Symptoms I feel:

- Every time I walk down the stairs I can hear a snapping sound in my left knee.
- I hear snapping sound when I move/rotate my left ankle.
- My left feet feels uncomfortable when wearing shoes.
- The general feeling is like having a slight sprain/strain in the left leg/feet area but I'm not really sure.

The whole discomfort is tolerable and I got used to it but it's still annoying most specially when wearing tight shoes.

Do you have an advice on how can I treat this naturally? Or should I just go to the doctor? Thanks.
Hi!
Since the pain and snapping sound and feeling of strain is persisting for a year, please consult your doctor. Since there was a kick at the back of the knee, you could be suffering from 'popliteus tendinitis'. The other such inflammatory tendinitis conditions giving pain at the back of knee on inner or outer side (along with possible ankle joint pain) are Hamstrings tendinitis and Gastrocnemius muscle tendenitis. Another cause of popliteal pain is injury to the posterior horn of lateral meniscus. Please consult an orthopedic specialist regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi!

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate it.