Orthopedics Community
How to stop throbbing pain in ankle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

How to stop throbbing pain in ankle?

Two days ago, I sprained/fractured my ankle playing basketball. I went to the hospital and they put it into a splint, wrapped the splint up with a whit wrap, and then wrapped it all up with ace bandage. It was really tight and was in throbbing pain for that whole day but then when i went to the orthopedist the next day, he took my ankle out of the splint to examine it, then he put the splint back on with everything minus the white wrap. It felt so much better today and i was in no pain at all but the splint felt really lose so I don't know if thats bad to keep it loose? But anyways, it was fine all throughout the day today but now all of a sudden, I am getting this throbbing pain right this second. It is the same pain I have been having when the splint was tight. How do I get rid of this pain? Also i took 2 advil tablets around 2 hrs ago when it didnt hurt that much but now that it hurts a lot i was wondering if i could take a tylenol 3(tylenol-codeine) on top of those advil tablets???  thanks