Orthopedics Community
How/when to Rehab L3 Compression Fracture
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How/when to Rehab L3 Compression Fracture

I fractured, (compression), my L3 a month ago, on Feb. 24.  (CT pics and video links below.)
I can't get an appointment to see an Orthopedic Doctor earlier than APRIL 18!

Is it safe to start rehab on my back now. And, what is safe, -or not safe, to do?
I am athletic, and want to do as much as possible. So far I have done nothing but rest.
The last few days it is starting to get sore... (Healing?)
More details below...

Hi,

And thanks in advance for any/all help.
I fell down a flight of stairs on February 24, (landing on my feet, upright the whole way down), resulting in a compression fracture of my L3 vertebrae.

Here is a link to a photo from one slide of the CT scan, [as I do not see how to post a pic in this forum.]
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7580/l3screenshot.jpg

And, here is a very short video of the whole scan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fh3v60CFw

I received emergency medical care in Connecticut, and I was able to walk out of the hospital that night.
I am a Medicaid patient in NY, (Brooklyn), and went to my clinic when I returned to NY, saw a walk in doctor there and got a referral to see an Orthopedic Doctor, and again, the earliest appointment I could get is for April 18!  So, I am basically on my own for two months.

Tomorrow will be four weeks since the fracture. I need some advice please!
I can't wait another month to find out what to do!