Aa
A
A
Close
Hurt Knee
I hurt my knee playing in the floor w/my 2-year old grandson 6 weeks ago.  I was crawling & my leg went to the side but it didn't hurt badly.  My joints hyperextend somewhat. The pain & swelling is on the inside of the knee, I cannot bear my weight on my leg- it feels as if it will crumble.  I self-treated for a while (brace, heat, ibuprofin, worked in a restaurant (bar tending, waitress) and the pain got worse as time passed. I have been to the doctor, had an MRI which revealed swelling & bruising next to the bone. She put me on crutches, pain medication, rest/elevate, and I have been out of work for a month. When I get up in the mornings, it is not too bad but as the day progresses, my symptons return.  There seems to be little to no improvement. I am concerned that their may be more to the injury than indicated on the MRI.  Could I possibly need therapy?  I do not have medical insurance so I do not want to spend money un-necessarily.  Any suggestions?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello  Dear,
Do not lose heart and be hopeful.You should continue with the medications,rest,elevation and crutches.Also consult a physiotherapist and undergo good rehabilitation exercises which will help you regain the lost range of motion and strength.
Best
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
Top Orthopedics Answerers
15631377 tn?1448398222
Blank