Hurt Knee
I hurt my knee playing in the floor w/my 2-year old grandson 6 weeks ago.  I was crawling & my leg went to the side but it didn't hurt badly.  My joints hyperextend somewhat. The pain & swelling is on the inside of the knee, I cannot bear my weight on my leg- it feels as if it will crumble.  I self-treated for a while (brace, heat, ibuprofin, worked in a restaurant (bar tending, waitress) and the pain got worse as time passed. I have been to the doctor, had an MRI which revealed swelling & bruising next to the bone. She put me on crutches, pain medication, rest/elevate, and I have been out of work for a month. When I get up in the mornings, it is not too bad but as the day progresses, my symptons return.  There seems to be little to no improvement. I am concerned that their may be more to the injury than indicated on the MRI.  Could I possibly need therapy?  I do not have medical insurance so I do not want to spend money un-necessarily.  Any suggestions?
Hello  Dear,
Do not lose heart and be hopeful.You should continue with the medications,rest,elevation and crutches.Also consult a physiotherapist and undergo good rehabilitation exercises which will help you regain the lost range of motion and strength.
Best