Orthopedics Community
Hurt Knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hurt Knee

I hurt my knee playing in the floor w/my 2-year old grandson 6 weeks ago.  I was crawling & my leg went to the side but it didn't hurt badly.  My joints hyperextend somewhat. The pain & swelling is on the inside of the knee, I cannot bear my weight on my leg- it feels as if it will crumble.  I self-treated for a while (brace, heat, ibuprofin, worked in a restaurant (bar tending, waitress) and the pain got worse as time passed. I have been to the doctor, had an MRI which revealed swelling & bruising next to the bone. She put me on crutches, pain medication, rest/elevate, and I have been out of work for a month. When I get up in the mornings, it is not too bad but as the day progresses, my symptons return.  There seems to be little to no improvement. I am concerned that their may be more to the injury than indicated on the MRI.  Could I possibly need therapy?  I do not have medical insurance so I do not want to spend money un-necessarily.  Any suggestions?
Hello  Dear,
Do not lose heart and be hopeful.You should continue with the medications,rest,elevation and crutches.Also consult a physiotherapist and undergo good rehabilitation exercises which will help you regain the lost range of motion and strength.
Best