Orthopedics Community
I fell and Hit my knee and now I feel sharp pain and tingling what coul...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I fell and Hit my knee and now I feel sharp pain and tingling what could this be.

I have had problems with my knees for years and I have never been to see anyone about it. I experience grinding, locking and popping. Just recently I slipped and fell and landed on my left knee, since I did this I have had a severe shooting pain in my knee if I try to kneel on it or put pressure on it. If I touch it I get a zinging numbness all over my knee. Almost like when you hit your funny bone. What could be going on?
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Locked knee can be caused by mechanical obstruction to joint movement like meniscal tears, fractured fragments, loose bodies, patellar displacement, muscular issues etc. or as a reaction to pain which can again have a number of secondary causes. While a grinding sensation commonly associated with arthritis or cartilage defects, popping could occur due to dislocations, joint laxity or secondary to causes associated with locked knee. Without an evaluation and probably a few tests it would be difficult to point out a single cause. Pain post an injury could be indicative of fractures, ligamental/ meniscal/ tendon tears etc. It would be best to get this evaluated by an orthopedician. After a cause is diagnosed, it can be managed accordingly. Meanwhile you may try some ice-packs and OTC NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979