Orthopedics Community
IME

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

IME

Do you have any idea whats IME? and what to expect? what are the advantage and disadvantage.They are sending me to see IME doctor.. Thank you so much
It's easy to interact here as you are online too. Has anybody told you what IME stands for?
IME stands for Independent Medical Examination. IME doctor is an independent medical practitioner who provides an independent assessment of the injuries sustained by the victim in the accident.
Now I think you are able to understand now what could be advantages and disadvantages of such a reference.
If you have been injured in an accident and seek to recover money from someone else for your injuries, you may be required to submit to an independent medical evaluation.
What have they told you about the visit to IME doctor?
Hope this helps you.
Bye.
As what the case manager told me 2nd opinion and to see whats really wrong with me for better treatment plan. I don't know..What do u think?my doctor prescribed for epidural injection but they are saying after i see the IME doctor which I'm in pain and I almost had a car accident two days ago due to my right knee pain and weakness feeling..I don't know who to tell and ask what i can do..The other thing too i'm new to this country..I'm  really thankful for all your responds..

Thank you so much
Where are you from and where have you relocated?
I think 2nd opinion is indeed IME check.
Did you suffer any accident? Are you claiming anything on doctors?
When you go to the examination, take your medical records, your test results, and your x-rays for the IME doctor to review.
Keep me posted if you want to know anything.
Bye.

I'm from the philippines the whole family moved here..It happened at work i was helping my co worker to transfer her patient back to bed which we can used a machine but my supervisor just wants a sheet transfer.thats how it happened..I'll bring a medical records?
like?test result?I asked the case manager if  I could have a copy to all the test result but she told me that she can't give me any copy.so i don't have anything aside from the cd of my mri.

Thank you
There is a great web site that tells about an IME.. I found out about it through this Med Help forum under the Health Insurance Section and I started exploring the workers compensation aspect since I too was injured at work also...   The website I researched I believed was www.injuredworkers coalition.com   or injuredworkers of california............something like that; but I printed it out for myself and it is extremely helpful....The thing you have to understand is that when an insurance company orders it they are probably ordering it to prove you are not injured!!!!!!!!!!!!    And that is pretty scarry when you know that you indeedly are.   A Second opinion from a different doctor is something totally different in that their goals are to make you well again......I strongly urge you to investigate this and get back with me if you can or cannot find this posting because it clearly lays it out like it never has been done before...........I only wish I had read this before going before my IME...............Take care!        JUD2SKI
Thank you so much.. i know that the ime doctor will tell me that there's nothing wrong with me specially that my 2 mri's had 2 different readings and emg/ncv was S1 abnormalities but my doctor said the disc looks fine. that's why i'm pretty sure they this ime doctor will tell me there is nothing wrong with me.but i know myself that i'm in pain and there is something wrong with my back.. i just hope that my treating doctor will not just focus on the dics but the whole lower back and the joints.. Thank you for the reply and i'll keep u posted.

by the way what do you mean by investigate this??
By investigate I simply mean to reasearch these topics as thououghly as possible by doing some extensive Internet searching on the topics I had mentioned.
                                                                                 JUD2SKI
i had a ime an the doctor said i will not get better because of my age. it was a quad injury. do i have a good chanch to make a settlement with workmans comp
The insurance company is probably asking for an IME due to conflicting reports in the MRI and EMG tests.  The IME doctor is someone who doesn't know your case, injury or anything else that has to do with it.  Your Nurse Case Manager will provide the IME physician with all the records before your appointment, or at least they should.  You shouldn't have to take anything with you, unless the IME doctor requests it.  If so, that request should be directed to your Nurse Case Manager.  Usually you just have to show up.