Injured Thumb..What can it be and what can I do?
I injured my thumb yesterday. I was playing around with my friend and when I punched him I had my thumb sticking out from my closed fists. So I missed him and hit him with my thumb on the side of his shoulder and my thumb bent back. It hurt a whole lot for like couple of minutes but then I got over it. It's been swollen for 2 days now the bottom part of thumb and fat part of palm. I can move it allright and it doesnt hurt, I only feel it when I grip hard. What do I do because I can't go to the doctor. Is it just a sprain, hyperextension, skiiers thumb and will it heal by itself?
Hi there!

Well, without clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain/ discomfort. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures/ dislocation, ligament/ tendon injuries etc. It would need an evaluation by a doctor to determine the type of injury if there has been any; and for appropriate management, if required. Meanwhile it is advised to avoid movement around the thumb. Ice-packs and tylenol may be used for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!