Orthopedics Community
Injured Thumb..What can it be and what can I do?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Injured Thumb..What can it be and what can I do?

I injured my thumb yesterday. I was playing around with my friend and when I punched him I had my thumb sticking out from my closed fists. So I missed him and hit him with my thumb on the side of his shoulder and my thumb bent back. It hurt a whole lot for like couple of minutes but then I got over it. It's been swollen for 2 days now the bottom part of thumb and fat part of palm. I can move it allright and it doesnt hurt, I only feel it when I grip hard. What do I do because I can't go to the doctor. Is it just a sprain, hyperextension, skiiers thumb and will it heal by itself?
Related Discussions
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain/ discomfort. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures/ dislocation, ligament/ tendon injuries etc. It would need an evaluation by a doctor to determine the type of injury if there has been any; and for appropriate management, if required. Meanwhile it is advised to avoid movement around the thumb. Ice-packs and tylenol may be used for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979