Orthopedics Community
Intraosseous Hemangioma & Meningeal Cyst in Spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I was involved in an auto accident, I was hit from behind by a truck.  I have back pain extending to the left side of my lumbar spine.  My doctor ordered an MRI. I just received the results, I have not spoken to him and I was hoping you can explain the following:

A intra-osseous hemangioma in the left aspect of the L1 verebral body is noted.  Also a periniural meningeal cyst is noted in the left T11-12 neural foramen.

Also noted is a diminished signal intensity in the regional bones, related to prominent hematopoietic marrow.

I am in alot of pain, more so if a sit or stand too long.  Could you please explain what a hemangioma and a meningeal cyst is and how it could have occured in the accident.  Is it something that will go away with time?  What is hematopoitic marrow?