Intraosseous hemangioma
I recently had a MRI that indicated a Inttraosseous Hemangioma in the body of my L5 verterbre. What does this mean and should I be concern about this. I'v been having back pain and numbness on my legs.Nobody seems to be giving me a straight answer. I had one PA that said it was arthritis is this true?

Intraosseous hemangioma is a slow-growing benign neoplasm of capillary, cavernous, or venous origin. The most common type is the cavernous hemangioma. Although found in any bone, seventy-five percent of intraosseous hemangiomas are located in the vertebral bodies (especially the thoracic spine), skull (involved outer table, normal inner table), and facial bones.

Vertebral body hemangiomas are usually asymptomatic and left untreated. Sometimes they are incidentally found in a patient with low back pain.  They may develop a soft tissue mass which may lead to neurologic symptoms like pain and numbness.

A CT or MRI is used to define the epidural extent. You should get your condition further evaluated by your doctor.

Take care and do keep us posted.

I recently was diagnosed with this ailment and am curious how you are doing? Did you find out anymore about this? Did you develop cancer? I'm kinda worried.
Did you get any onformation on this?
I have been diagnosed as having this, and want to know the next step