ORTHOPEDICS
COMMUNITY
Intrasubstance Degeneration
by Kautz, Mar 28, 2012
I am 59 years of age and was struck by a car (I was standing, facing the vehicle as it struck me).  After negative x-ray findings and physical evaluation, the doctor ordered several months of physical therapy.  The pain continues, a little more than one year after the incident.  Prior to this incident I had no loss of mobility, flexibility, or endurance, and I had zero pain in my legs or knees.

I had an MRI done on my left knee (the worst of the two) - the summary stated that I have an "Intrasubstance Degeneration of the Posterior Horn of the Medial Meniscus" but otherwise nothing of note.

Can someone please let me know what this means, what the best course of action should be, and the outlook as per the various treatment(s) stated?