8 yrs ago I severely crushed the nerves in my left foot. I fell asleep in the Lotus Position and by the time my husband woke me up I couldn't walk. My neurologist said there was nothing that could be done along with my internist. A couple of years later a micro neurosurgeon told me he could repair it with 98% surety. I must have been the other 2% because I still had the same difficulty walking post surgery. After the surgery I was told it could take up to six weeks for the pain and numbness to leave. The only thing to change in the next 6 weeks was that the Dr. was arrested and his license suspended for writing fraudulent prescriptions for himself with other patients names, mainly pain medications. The Dr. was supposed to be the best of the best. Good PR from our local hospital that hired him. I'm now on high doses of pain medicatios and have been for over 8 years now. 20 years ago I also was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I also have osteoarthritis in both knees. I'm just throwing this information out there for any help that someone might be willing to share. Thanks for any comments or assistance!! I'm 67 years of age and would love to go places and have fun, but I have to be able to walk more than a 1/4 of a block! And that smarts..!!
I am sorry you faced all that! You should try a combination of alternative pain therapies along with pain medications. Try swimming, physiotherapy, acupressure, biofeedback, dry needling, epidurals etc. Regarding knee joints, ask if knee caps and braces will help support your knee better. Also, surgery to replace knees is an option, but with other conditions that you suffer from, surgery may or may not be possible.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!
The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.