Is it too late for a cast?
My husband broke his pinky finger I believe at the knuckle about 8 days ago. He really didnt think it was broken so he didnt go get an X-ray. My son has had a broken pinky before & it looks very similar to how my son's looked. My husband is being stubborn saying the break is 8 days out & there is nothing that can be done now. Is that true? Its causing him pain still & is still pretty swollen. He ices it & takes motrin but i dont think thats enough. Please advise!
Improper treatment of a fracture results in deformity of that bone while healing.
For complete proper cure of a fracture X-ray is essential and if positive, immobilization of that bone is required.
Cast is not required for middle finger and he can just use a spling for 4 weeks for complete recovery and it is a very simple procedure.
Please consult an orthopaedician immediately.
Take care!
Thanks for your responce! I got him an apt. with a Ortho. Dr. that specializes in hands today!  Somehow me telling him that his finger could turn out deformed changed his mind! : )