Jammed Pinky Now Bent
I jammed my left (non-dominant) pinky finger and now the top of the finger is bent down towards my palm (from the top knuckle).  A little discomfort in palm and top of hand.  The bent portion above the top knuckle refuses to go back into place.  Could it be broken?  If jammed and I splint it, will it correct itself eventually?  Don't want to spend 3 hrs in the ER and end up with a splint I can do from home.  Thanks.
It sounds like this may be what you have going on...check out this link and see if it helps you...  http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00018
Hi there!

This can be caused by fracture/ dislocation of the phalyngeal joint or tendon injury. While most cases are treated with splintage, surgery is advised for severe damage. Even it is a minor fracture; a splint is best applied by a doctor after correcting for alignment abnormalities. It is hence advised to visit the ER to rule out severe injuries and for appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!