Joint Pain In Knees and Elbows
Hello I'm a 29 year old male. My father, his sister, his mother and her aunt all had Rheumatoid Arthritis. My father's was Juvenile Onset and he passed in 05 due to complications.

In 2006 my right knee started hurting. I finally went to see an Orthopedic doctor. After an x-ray and feeling the top of my knee he said "You have Osteoarthritis in your knee. It is definately not RA." Well just a couple of months ago my other knee started with the same problems. Just pain mostly. Then about 2 weeks ago I noticed my elbows were hurting. No swelling, but they get painful as they are today. Sometimes a couple of fingers hurt. Also, for the past few years my ear aches at night and I have to switch sides. The right side of my jaw hurts as well and I read that they were probably TMD. I went for months with no major pain in my knee and now all of the sudden it hurts along with other joints.

I have had no blood tests for RA and I have no swelling. Can all of this be caused by Osteoarthritis or are my symptoms indicative of RA?

Thanks,
Jon
I realize now that I posted in the wrong forum. I have reposted in the Arthritis section. Please delete this post if you need to thanks.
Your signs and symptoms are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a multifactorial disease. It causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. It often starts between ages 25 and 55.
No one knows what causes rheumatoid arthritis. Genes, environment, autoimmunity and hormones might contribute. The tendency to develop rheumatoid arthritis may be genetically inherited.
Since you have a strong family of RA, there is a high probability that you might develop RA. You should consult a rheumatologist for an early diagnosis and begin some treatment if advised.
Take care

Thank you for your comment. I may be in denial!

I have an appointment in 2 weeks with my doctor.

Thanks again,

Jon
I have been diagnosed with Hemochromatosis.

More commonly known as "iron overload." My Rheumatoid Factor was normal but my liver functions were not. As it turns out many people with this genetic disease have arthritis problems that can mimic RA.

If you are young and do not have a history of sports, but you have been diagnosed with arthritis, please have your iron level checked folks.

My daughter is seven years old and has been complaining of behind knees and elbows pain for the past three months now. She has no swelling on either her knees or elbows. Please help as i am so worried about my daughter.

IMCM