Orthopedics Community
Joint Pains Increasing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Joint Pains Increasing

I am almost 15 and have been having very problematic joints.  It started when I feel on my knee cap  at a summer camp onto cement off of a railing. This was August 11, 2006.  I was 12 when this happened. After that I remember having a hard time walking, and I was hiking the next day.  My knees have been hurting ever since, increasing as the weather gets colder.  My right knee started hurting at first but the pain proceeded on to my left.  The crazy thing I have noticed is that 90% of the time they don't hurt at the same time.  I haven't done PE for a year, I tried playing Lacrosse but I was pulled out becuase of my knees.  During March of 2008, I started feeling my hip grind and crack and actually pop. Whenever I walk I can feel it move.  I have recently noticed that I am limping again, becuase of my pain.  When I run now, after about half of a block, my foot pops in the ankle and grinds in the arch and I can't run anymore, although I push.  I have a pretty big arch so I always have arch support in all of my shoes.  I am able to swim and dance without too much pain.  I was diagnosed with Patellofemoral Syndrome a year ago, but I don't think that is it.  

My knee hurts where the cartilage is, feeling like it is grinding.  My hip hurts at the joining of the pelvis and femur, with the grinding also.  My foot has a piercing pain in the arch and the balls of my feet and around the ankle.

Any help?
Hi, have you seen a doctor about the others pains besides the knee?  It could all be just overuse since you are doing a lot.  But it could also mean some type of arthritis. You could try a rheumatologist, who will run blood tests that could show if it's something serious.

The other thing is to try a foot doctor.  When you have problems with your feet, it throws everything else off, like the knees and legs and hips.