Orthopedics Community
Knee & Wrist pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee & Wrist pain

I wonder if someone could advise me. I dont like bothering my dr and right now I seem to have 2 problems and dont want to sound like a hypocondriact.

For many months now if I sit with my legs crossed or kneel down I suffer severe pain when straightening them again. I am 33 and in good health so I do not understand why I am having this problem.

The second issue has only been a few weeks, its my wrist, it is now starting to hurt everytime I move it however I am thinking this is more of an rsi thing as it seems to be increasingly worse everytime I am using my computer or laptop. It is not possible for me not to use it as I work in an office and have my own bookkeeping business at home. However as it appears to be the one that I use for my mouse I am starting to nice it slightly in the other hand and thumb but only on occasion.

Any help/advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you in advance
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of either of your issues. For the leg pain, possibilities that may need to be considered include early arthritis/ degeneration, neuro-muscular issues, injuries, dislocations etc. The wrist issue would also need to be further evaluated for injuries, degenerations, growths/ masses etc. It would be best to have these evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!