Orthopedics Community
Knee Injury - Bulge on outside of Knee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knee Injury - Bulge on outside of Knee

I hurt my knee approximately 4 weeks ago.  The knee went out (to the side) and I heard popping noises.  The knee has been stable for every day activities and low-level tennis play.  It went out once during a tennis match.  I am going in for an MRI soon, but my general physician could not answer my question about the bulge on the side of my knee.

When I straighten my knee, this hard bulge appears on the outside of my right knee.  Has anyone experiences this and if so, what is it???
Related Discussions
Hello!

This bulge can be an injury to your knee bones, fracture or callous formation.

It can also take place with injuries to your lateral collateral ligaments. You would need an orthopedician consultancy for complete examination of your quadriceps tendon, patella bone, collateral ligaments and also the cruciates and menisci by an MRI for diagnosis.

Apply ice packs and also take intermittent NSAIDs for relief till your appointment time.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank