Orthopedics Community
Knee Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee Injury

About 4 months ago, I hurt my knee playing basketball. It buckled underneath me and became tender and slightly swollen. I went to the doctor and they sent me for X-rays. He said my patella was not riding centered and put me in a brace and gave me exercises to do. I was able to walk on it and even resumed playing basketball after about 3 weeks although it was unstable and occasionally gave out. I went back to the doctor and had an MRI and the doctor said I had a linear meniscus tear and sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. He said that he did not see the meniscus tear and actually thinks I partially torn my ACL. Is it normal for different doctors to see things so differently on an MRI? The doctor wants to repair the ACL and I was wondering what the recovery is like for an ACL reconstruction using the hamstring tendon? How long til I will feel like leaving the house to go to school (college) or go to the movies, etc?
i think u shd think about stem cell therapy