Aa
A
A
Close
Knee Manipulation Problems
I just turned 60 and had a partial knee replacement in December. It made my leg crooked so I had to have a tkr in April. After 8 weeks of therapy my flexion was only 107 and that was with a push. The doctor decided to do knee manipulation under Anesthesia. He told me I should feel better right away. He was sooooo wrong. I am worse now than before the manipulation. It has been two weeks and I am still not back to where I was prior to the manipulation and the pain is much worse than before. Therapy actually brought me to tears last week. I feel that I am going backwards. Has anyone else experienced this?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1343146_tn?1279334243
I have a coworker who experienced this.  She received a second opinion with another MRI. They had to fix her knee replacement because the first one was not done correctly.  Maybe you should get a second opinion.  Best of luck to you.
Comment
Cancel
1343146_tn?1279334243
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you. I sure hope that isn't the case with me. I've already had it done twice.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1343146_tn?1279334243
Bless your heart.  Well I will definitely keep you in my thought and prayers that it can be fixed easily and without surgery!
Comment
Cancel
1343146_tn?1279334243
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had a TKR on Setp. 28, 2010 and then I had to have a Manipulation on Dec. 21, 2010.  I am using the CPM Machine, getting Theraphy and Ice Theraphy and I feel so much better.  Before the surgery I was only at a bend of 35, now 5 days after the Manipulation I am at 85-90 and besides the expected pain, I feel great and I can see and feel the improvement.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Knee Manipulation Problems
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
Top Orthopedics Answerers
15631377_tn?1448398222