Knee Manipulation Problems
I just turned 60 and had a partial knee replacement in December. It made my leg crooked so I had to have a tkr in April. After 8 weeks of therapy my flexion was only 107 and that was with a push. The doctor decided to do knee manipulation under Anesthesia. He told me I should feel better right away. He was sooooo wrong. I am worse now than before the manipulation. It has been two weeks and I am still not back to where I was prior to the manipulation and the pain is much worse than before. Therapy actually brought me to tears last week. I feel that I am going backwards. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a coworker who experienced this.  She received a second opinion with another MRI. They had to fix her knee replacement because the first one was not done correctly.  Maybe you should get a second opinion.  Best of luck to you.
Thank you. I sure hope that isn't the case with me. I've already had it done twice.
Bless your heart.  Well I will definitely keep you in my thought and prayers that it can be fixed easily and without surgery!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
I had a TKR on Setp. 28, 2010 and then I had to have a Manipulation on Dec. 21, 2010.  I am using the CPM Machine, getting Theraphy and Ice Theraphy and I feel so much better.  Before the surgery I was only at a bend of 35, now 5 days after the Manipulation I am at 85-90 and besides the expected pain, I feel great and I can see and feel the improvement.