Orthopedics Community
Knee Manipulation Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee Manipulation Problems

I just turned 60 and had a partial knee replacement in December. It made my leg crooked so I had to have a tkr in April. After 8 weeks of therapy my flexion was only 107 and that was with a push. The doctor decided to do knee manipulation under Anesthesia. He told me I should feel better right away. He was sooooo wrong. I am worse now than before the manipulation. It has been two weeks and I am still not back to where I was prior to the manipulation and the pain is much worse than before. Therapy actually brought me to tears last week. I feel that I am going backwards. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a coworker who experienced this.  She received a second opinion with another MRI. They had to fix her knee replacement because the first one was not done correctly.  Maybe you should get a second opinion.  Best of luck to you.
Thank you. I sure hope that isn't the case with me. I've already had it done twice.
Bless your heart.  Well I will definitely keep you in my thought and prayers that it can be fixed easily and without surgery!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
I had a TKR on Setp. 28, 2010 and then I had to have a Manipulation on Dec. 21, 2010.  I am using the CPM Machine, getting Theraphy and Ice Theraphy and I feel so much better.  Before the surgery I was only at a bend of 35, now 5 days after the Manipulation I am at 85-90 and besides the expected pain, I feel great and I can see and feel the improvement.