Orthopedics Community
Knee Pops

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee Pops

My knee has a hard time bending all the way and when I release it to go straight it makes a few loud low pops. The popping seems to be coming from the inside of my left knee. I twisted the knee the other night going from a handstand into a band bend and when I did that it popped. However there is no pain and since I have biked on it and walked around considerably with no pain. The popping and the lack of range of motion are annoying though. I was wondering if this was just swelling or if I tore something and I should get it looked at?
Hi Dear,

The pooping knee may be due to the tear in the meniscus, typically the discoid meniscus.
Conservative treatment consisting of exercises and stretching can be performed. If these treatments do not relieve the symptoms, arthroscopic surgery on the discoid meniscus would be helpful.
Bye
Take care