Orthopedics Community
Knee Scope

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee Scope

I'm in the Army and have had knee trouble for approximately 4 years. It started with my right, then (over time) my left. They are tired and achy and they feel tight all the time. I had a bone scan and MRI on each knee. I was diagnosed with an osteo-condrial defect at the back of the interior part of my Femur. Both knees... same thing... the right much worse then the left. The surgeon said he had never seen anything like it cause it was at a non-weight bearing part of the knee, symptomatic of something falling on my knees while I was sitting with them bent 90 degrees. I had the right knee scope (micro fracture) done two months ago and the left knee scope (no micro fracture... I have no idea what he really did) three weeks ago. I have almost all the range of motion back in both knees. Now that I'm nearly healed from my surgical wounds, I'm beginning to feel that achy tight nagging tired feeling in both knees. I saw the ortho office (different doc) today and he said this could take years. Army medicine isn't the best, and my confidence in my care is deteriorating. I'm very frustrated, and scared for my career. Do you have any suggestions?