Orthopedics Community
Knee Spasms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee Spasms

4 weeks, I've been having spasms in the back of my knee in which never goes away, and I can't walk nor put pressure on my knee. It only hurts when I put pressure or try to walk, then the spasms begin.  I went to the ER and they did a PVL on my leg to check for blood clots or a bakers cyst..but none was found.  The ER doctor said, I have a sprain knee and gave me flexril (knee spasms), and perocet (for pain).  This is my 5th week, I can walk a little bit but only for a little while before the spasms come back.  I went to an orthopedic, and he gave me a shot of cortisome which helped some.  Could you tell me whats wrong..and if it is sprain how much longer will I have to remain on crutches. PS.  I wasn't doing any type of exercises nor anything rigorous to cause injury...I was just walking down some stairs