Orthopedics Community
Knee Surgery - Arthroscope (Guides-Tips)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Dear all,

I am 29 and I had a knee injury on 20th of Dec. 2011, Actually I torn my meniscus (ligament)...I did my best to find out what exactly happened at my knee, and after 3 visits at 3 different doctors 2 orthopedics (Greece) and 1(Uk) surgery, and after having 2 MRIs I got with the results: of a torn medial meniscus "bucket handle", causing me several pain daily,sometimes my knee even locked for 2-5 minutes and that was really painful..I decided to go for it and do the operation and I end up with 4 stitches in my knee which will fall apart within the next 1-3 months..The doctors said it was successful and now it's up to me to make the best to heal it! I need some tips! I want some people to let me through their experiences or someone who knows...plz

...... I am an athletic person,always tried to do my best for my self and the last 2 years I have been trained at the art of motion known as Parkour or as free running!...I start doing acrobatics to improve my efficiency and etc...I know it might sound silly but this is my LIFE, It is really important for me to get back at the training and slowly recover and strength my lower body. I wish could be at the level that I used to be but unfortunately I don't have the budget to achieve it, If I was someone famous or a football player everyone would take of me in months, by no money no honey...

Tell me plz, if you know somehow : ways, methods, techniques, if you have similar experience that would tottaly help a lot as a free runner,any advice, guides are welcome!

what should I Do and Not!..
Not sure what your question is? You had a surgery and you should of been given recommendation by your surgeon, go to therapy, recover, etc. After that, you need to let it heal and strengthen your muscles around the knee. I would try to avoid jumping, especially on the hard surface, after menisci repair. I would let it heal at least 1/2 year before any jumps. I would concentrate on any no-impact exercises for the knee, leg, body and I would avoid any sports where rotation of the knee unavoidable - ski, soccer...