Orthopedics Community
Knee and leg pain anyone??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Knee and leg pain anyone??

Anyone here have Patellofemoral Knee Pain??
if so do you have leg pain with it?? I have it in both knees but the Left knee is far, far worse than the right. I also have pain down the side of my left leg and into my foot. My ortho did surgery on my knee and it did help my knee for a while but he says the leg pain is something else and not related to my knee at all. He says it's something wrong with my back.

Does anyone have experience with this?? I went to my family doc for a referral to a back doctor but he says it's not my back?? The pain is excruciating at times and I don't want narcotics I want it fixed.

Thanks!
Amanda
I just saw this post and wanted to know if you found any relief yet?  I just saw a orthopaedic doctor today and found out I too have Patrellofemoral knee pain in both knees.  Right now my left knee down to my ankle is swolen and sore.  My doctor told me to use ice, take Ibuprofen and go to physical therapy for the next 6 weeks.  He said if that don't work, he'll give me some other prescription drugs and as a last resort do surgery.  I'm just praying that this will not be something I have to deal with the rest of my life.  Please give me some hope!

Lynda
Hi I saw your post I am going through the same situation you are I am currently going through Right Knee pain and I consulted my Primary Doctor and my Ortho Doctor and they came up short of finding the correct diagnosis and I still go through PT 3 days a week. I have had several MRI's and Xrays and they finally got a correct Diagnosis. I suggest you go see your ortho doctor and have an MRI with Color Dye to see what exactly the problem is and if they don't find anyone go see a 2nd doctor. Good luck.
Ryan