Knee dislocation...or??
I've got an issue going on with my right knee that started back at the beginning of January and seems like it appeared out of nowhere. I was sitting halfway off the couch, kind of twisted, to put my shoe on, so my knee was bent and I was reaching down to pull the back of the shoe out do my foot would slide in the rest of the way, and something in my knee popped, followed by excruciating pain. I didn't want to move, it hurt so bad and was almost locked in the bent position, but I felt like I had to straighten it (I'm not really sure why, just instinct, I guess). It took a few minutes and hurt like you know what, but I was able to get straightened out again and the majority of the pain subsided. It still took me about a week to be able to walk properly again, but it went back to almost normal. Since then, this "slip" has happened almost once a week, takes me about a week to heal, and every time I think it's better, it happens again - and only when the knee is bent. The one day I actually had a vehicle and it was acting up, I went to my local urgent care, who proceeded to give me a lecture on my insurance provider and that I should contact them to set up an appointment  with an orthopedic doctor - nevermind that he  never even looked at my knee, nothing. So I  guess at this point, I'm looking for information. What does it sound like, is it something I should worry about, does it still need to be looked at (and what if it isn't acting up), and if so, by whom? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include  chondromalacia, loose bodies, tendonitis, bursitis, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee structures, degeneration, cyst formation, neuro-muscular causes etc. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!